Show me your weird eggs !

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by unionwirewoman, Jan 10, 2008.

1. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Here's a few pics of one I got yesterday . Went to collect again today and got another one that looks the same ! Wonder what's goin' on .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    now that is a cool looking egg - I would blow that out and save it !!

the only weird one we got was really long shaped kinda like how an ice cream cone looks - still had the fat round part but it looked like it was pulled to a point ( hope that made sense LOL )
    I will try to get a pic of soon

Julie

does your egg have a ridge? looks kinda lumpy or is it smooth ?

3. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    It's a wrinkled egg! [​IMG] There's a store here in Asheville, NC that's called The Wrinkled Egg....

4. pattycake

pattycake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    fingerlakes, ny
    Hey, unionwirewoman, what kind of chicken laid that egg? My Delawares lay similar eggs, only so far not quite so wrinkly. Often just one big wrinkle at the pointy end.

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I had an odd egg a week ago - but the shell was very thin - all the shell was on the one end - looked like it had been tied in a knot....
    I have posted a pic on the "first egg thread" should be near the last page or so as it was only a couple of days ago.... (Last post on page 14)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  6. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Here is my only weird egg. It was the size of a quarter, had only a ring of shell, and had a funnel at the end and white was sticking out of it. It had a very small yolk.
    [​IMG]

edited to add the picture. DUH [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  7. Charlie Chicken

Charlie Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2007
    Phippsburg, ME
    And how about this one? Besides being very small the darn thing goes around a corner!

[​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

My SLW, Lorelei, laid this weird one when she was under extreme heat stress and starting a hard molt:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    I think it was one of my RIR's . Don't get them too often ,just thought it was weird to get 2 in a row !
    Wow Charlie chicken , that almost looks like two eggs together ! Did it have double yolks ?
    Speckledhen .. That DEFINETLY is one weird egg ! Never seen anything like it ![​IMG]

10. Charlie Chicken

Charlie Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2007
    Phippsburg, ME
    The two egg/around the corner egg was never opened so I don't know what was inside. It does look like two partially completed eggs that somehow got joined together. I just let it dry up so I could save the shell. Something sure went haywire on the production line that day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by