show off my hutch designs

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by roosterrescue, May 3, 2009.

1. roosterrescue

roosterrescue Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2007
    rainier washington
    this is my new hutch that I am building just want to share.

they are double decker and designed to help me grow out show birds and i keep 4-5 bantam in each 1..

easy egg collection.. feeders are designed for precise feeding amount.. and water bottles are for easy filling and to keep inside hutches clean andwater free from guck..

all rooster are easy removed for scrubbing they sit on a u brace and lift right out..

the end opposite of the nest boxes open so they can be raked out and makes cleaning a wiz..

just wanted to share..

I also build/sale them for local pick up only..

the only thing i have not added that i plan to do is 4 handles .. 1 on each corner so 4 people can left and move it around to new locations.. and the side the sun is on is gettting some shade cloth i found that will look really nice,,they will all be painted this summer when rain goes away here

hope you enjoy the pix

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Wish you lived closer. I've been wanting to build something like that for my hubby. He wants some silver sebrights. And they are small birds so wouldnt need a ton of room. A cage like that would be perfect for them.

3. roosterrescue

roosterrescue Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2007
    rainier washington
    I house 4 silkies, cochins, all my banties are going in them.. forgot to say they measurments.. they are 3' X 5' in floor space and 30 " tall for each sections..

I have 2 done and 3 more to go for myself to build..

after all is bought , screw( no nails) hinges and wood chicken wire.

cost is around $100 each hutch..

I was alittle worried at first for the rain and wind we get soaking the birds.. but the eve that goes around them seems to work and no went cages,, the roost end has 1 ' plywood sides and I added some tarp (feedbags) to add alittle more space to block the wind ..

They really seem to like the wood floors.. has to be better than walking on a raised wire floor

Takes about 2-3 days to build if the weather is good are takes me forever running out inbetween rain drops here in washington

Last edited: May 3, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by