Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks well bred. Maybe a little oriental infusion would bring the station up. Nonetheless if you have eggs available I would be interested.

Kdolly, I'm glad she's doing better! Laying very well too! :)
Mine are all overweight, from the table scraps. I cook rice a lot, so they eat their daily feed plus almost every other day they get rice or them old fashioned lard n milk buiscits. I go fishing when I can, so they eat a lot of fish guts too; either that or a bad fishing day makes me throw the rest of the worms out for them.
My only mature game hen has a messed up hip from some predator pulling her leg out the wire in the pen, and couldn't walk for two weeks, and stayed in the house getting spoiled like an infant. She was the wildest chicken I ever had, but she's now the baby. I let her out while I'm doing yard work, and if something startles her she hops right between my feet. She jumps into the car after me, and will sneak into the house if she can. If I shut the front door while she's out there, she'll holler for over an hour for me to let her in. She's the one in my avatar pic, debating between naming her Jewel or Petunia because she sits at the petunias all the time.

Last edited:
So happy to pick up this Cuban grouse hennie at the post office. thanks to my cousin in Florida...

wow i realy like this hennie is this a set line ive gotten one hennie so far this year and was promised 2 black hennie pullets so next year should be a good year for hennies i do love them....

wow i realy like this hennie is this a set line ive gotten one hennie so far this year and was promised 2 black hennie pullets so next year should be a good year for hennies i do love them.... 
It is a set line, known to be fast accurate cutters that break higher than the bigger tailed Spanish line.

Can we talk about the muff line for a second, they are small but soooo impressive. No beak kicks from over five feet it's nuts. I want more so what is a good line and besides the woods of Louisiana were can I get them in the states. http://www.reach-unlimited.com/p/960084196/gamefowl-fighting-styles they are at the bottom of the page. I got a beautiful pinto from Cuba and a hen from Louisiana.

Last edited:
Jshubin, what is that handsome rooster standing on? I heard of people implementing trees into where they use the tie cords for the roosters. I have a lot of trees, and when the roosters are on a cord near them, they get wrapped up. I plan on making some tie cords soon, and want to know if barrels and teepees are my only options.
Its a perch tree I made... kind of like a cat scratch post... No tie cord on him.. This tree has too many branches and he would get tangled up.. Eradicator has some good ideas for tree perches on tie cords...

Can we talk about the muff line for a second, they are small but soooo impressive. No beak kicks from over five feet it's nuts. I want more so what is a good line and besides the woods of Louisiana were can I get them in the states. http://www.reach-unlimited.com/p/960084196/gamefowl-fighting-styles they are at the bottom of the page. I got a beautiful pinto from Cuba and a hen from Louisiana.
lol the woods. It ain't called sportsmanship paradise for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom