Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_5593.JPG
IMG_5602.JPG

Havoc, do you use a 22 to euthanize birds? Below is a video, it may be graphic for some and there are probably better examples out there, but it is decent. I was taught this by veterinarians as a kid as a humane way to euthanize birds.

That's the best video of that method I've seen in a long while. I use the same principle only a different grip.

Really want to get a cordless dremel this go around for em havoc, guess I could use my air with a cut off wheel and thanks bud.
Hard to justify the price when I already have a corded tool. I do the majority of stuff with the birds at night in the shed anyway.

That's the best video of that method I've seen in a long while. I use the same principle only a different grip.
It's not for everyone, but that video showed technique pretty well and kept the bird intact. There are plenty of videos that accomplish the same thing but a more gruesome and involved.
One of the avian vets used to collect samples during goose season. He said every once and a while a hunter would bring in a large gander that was wounded but not dead. Those are a little harder to do...

It's not for everyone, but that video showed technique pretty well and kept the bird intact. There are plenty of videos that accomplish the same thing but a more gruesome and involved.
One of the avian vets used to collect samples during goose season. He said every once and a while a hunter would bring in a large gander that was wounded but not dead. Those are a little harder to do...
Not gruesome is good. I prefer keeping the bird intact too because then I do not have to worry about looking like a serial killer afterwards. Plus it can be performed indoors if needed, like it was a few weeks ago. I had a bantam cockerel turn up half dead in -10F or -20F weather; I don't know about you all but I'd like to not have to take my gloves off and pull out the pipe cutters in that weather.

You couldn't pay me to attempt cervical dislocation on a gander. I don't have that kind of arm strength, being a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom