1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BANTAMWYANDOTTE, Dec 27, 2011.

1. roosterhavoc

roosterhavoc Overrun With Chickens

Jan 5, 2012
    yup gotta mow the lawn again today. Much better than shoveling snow off everything.

2. narragansett1

narragansett1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2014
    fl
    has any one here herd of Argentina fowls the reason i ask is i ordered some eggs 1 dozen well he sent 2 dozen and some of the eggs where marked Argentina not sure what thay are?

3. tlbirdsmisty

tlbirdsmisty Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2015
    Ok one has a little blood in shell as it is hatching. I can see the chick but there's faint blood around the bottom of shell should I be worried? Will it die?

4. kingcocker

kingcocker Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    LA county Ca
    I
    it is a malay cross, well stationed and tall.

5. JShubin

JShubin Overrun With Chickens

little 2015 cockerel... from the first 2015 clutch.
    [​IMG]
    flash
    [​IMG]

So a coyote ate my oldest 2015 cockerel.. very sad. Its always the one I watch the most that gets eaten.
    RIP little champ
    [​IMG]

6. roosterhavoc

Jan 5, 2012
    nah not if its hatching on its own. It should be fine.

7. roosterhavoc

Jan 5, 2012
    I don't understand why you think domesticated chickens stand a chance of survival with predators like Coyotes around. It's never gonna happen. Your lucky the coyote don't rip into your pens and kill all of them. I repeat shoot the coyote. Then again maybe you'll get lucky with one of those rocks.

8. JShubin

haha I got real close with the rocks... They are not in my property and never will, as long as my dogs are in the yard. They just wait on the other side of fence, where my chicks go to eat sometimes.

I don't think they would ever survive in an open desert like I have. Chickens originated from jungle areas... similar to the riverbed/riparian areas around me. They might stand a chance there, but I have no illusions about desert fowl. lol

9. JShubin

We are not allowed to shoot guns here anyways... lame

10. JShubin

Despite my hippie lifestyle, I am a gun advocate. But only to protect against other humans, not against defenseless animals.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by