Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expensive omelettes to, lol. With all the rain I've had it's not easy to keep the nests clean, I'm about to run out of clean ( not muddy ) ground to move my pens to. This whole place has turned into a stinking mud hole, one of my pens I have to move with the frontend loader on my tractor. I can't even think about driving it down there, so it's a muddy mess.
Had a lot of rain here too lately. Pouring right now. I’ve got a couple pens I have to move. Very frustrating to say the least. Tired of cleaning off eggs too. Might be an early spring around here. Might have to break out the weed eater soon.

I've moved my pens and cleaned most of the nests in the rain today so I can start picking up eggs for incubating next week. Hopefully this rain will give us a break for awhile here soon. Your right it's very frustrating.

It's been raining all week here in SA.
Put in fresh hay in all the nest today.
At least one hen in each pen is broody.
Most are sitting on about 10-12.
It's going to get real busy around here real soon.
Can't imagine what y'alls operations are going to be like in these next few weeks when the chicks start rolling through! It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

I have been moving pens repeatedly. Ground is soaking wet where with each step I sink better than an inch into the stuff. Frost heave followed by a lot of rain. This a problem even on ground with a pretty good slope. Same area had little springs popping out everywhere a couple years back. Raising chicks in that is close to impossible owing to the severe outbreaks of cocci. I have about a dozen pens where broods can now be reared off ground during periods of wet.

Get bales of straw and get to work lil rain never hurt anything
Haha, reminded me of your backyard picks last night. It poured and there was standing/flowing water everywhere. We are supposed to get a little break for a few days.

I beat you all. What I have is over my muck boots in places.

Granted, it's kind of white and fluffy, but that still counts, right?

EB631479-4FB5-433D-B87F-002F8D03392E.jpeg
D100B260-8C1A-4C64-B005-B1A76B2F5D09.jpeg
9C820F50-B9B8-4B9B-9184-E7FD88C0EAC3.jpeg
Crawfish are liking the conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom