Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao... Okay so a fat well cared laying hen is not healthy if she likes to battle? I must not have any good hens, and didn't even breed half of them. So who knows what phenotype was bred for. Pecking order is something than can be established when you have hens that will submit after defeat, I do not. It's not fun, but I know the stags they produce are dead game.

What on earth are you smoking? Re-read post and if need be I will hold your hand to explain.

Cool little grey stag. Born in neighbors yard and abandoned at 3 weeks. All 7 siblings from that clutch are surviving well in the neighbor's yard. They only come into my yard to eat scratch I throw out for them.

What on earth are you smoking? Re-read post and if need be I will hold your hand to explain.
I can't be plain but real cockers know what is real not what they read somewhere. I have done my share of reading but also have the benefit of being a fourth generation cocker. So like I said lmao

I can't be plain but real cockers know what is real not what they read somewhere. I have done my share of reading but also have the benefit of being a fourth generation cocker. So like I said lmao

You do not know squat beyond what goes on in a backyard cockyard. There are first more than one approach and when you are dealing with me you are not dealing with knowledge derived from reading. When someone laughs it is not always because they are the smart one but sometime simply the fool.

I believe what he was saying was the hen that gets down may not be a bad hen at all just one that like to fight and won't quit resulting in being ragged looking. That doesn't necessarily mean she wouldn't be worth keeping.

Hey shubin I think we all make multiple trips back to lowes and Home Depot for things we forget.

That's why u breed to the performing cocks sister. Come on everybody knows to breed towards the hens style. Breeding the performing cock to a non performing hen is useless. That's the way it is if u don't agree well.......

Last edited:
I believe what he was saying was the hen that gets down may not be a bad hen at all just one that like to fight and won't quit resulting in being ragged looking. That doesn't necessarily mean she wouldn't be worth keeping.

That was not clear in his account.

The distraction process often prevents anyone from getting down. That is why I watch. Hens will display deep gameness in smaller groups but somehow in the larger groups such effort is not invested. Birds do get dinged up but you are balancing that against the cost of all the smaller pens for birds not likely to bred in the short term. Hens I so treated were used as broodies later when split into smaller pens or free-ranged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom