Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BANTAMWYANDOTTE, Dec 27, 2011.

1. SwampFoot

SwampFoot Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2015
    My flock of greys came with an oddball barred rock hen that is like twelve years old. She thinks she's a game hen.
    She won't be near another hen, she has holed young game hens in the corner and beat them bloody while free ranged (I have a barred rock hen testing the game hens, what is the world coming to? She will hit the roosters on cords until they hit her back enough. She can take quite a few licks too, surprisingly.
    The only chicken I can keep her with is my old grey broodcock she came with, which is fine by me, his grey hen is in use and, he loves that fat old hen. I can't get her to lay, but if I raise any from the cross, they are going into my food related chicken pen, I'm already imagining them big ol drumsticks getting fried. I figured that I'd entertain the thought.

2. centrarchid

centrarchid Chicken Obsessed

Sep 19, 2009
    Holts Summit, Missouri
    Is she a dom / Kentucky dom by some chance?

3. roosterhavoc

roosterhavoc Overrun With Chickens

Jan 5, 2012
    I have a 6 yr old mean barred rock hen too. She will kick evey rooster that gets near her and whoop every hen. Grabs ahold and kicks away. Kinda funny to see actually. She moves suprisingly quick.

4. sdm111

sdm111 Overrun With Chickens

May 21, 2013
    S. louisiana
    not I

5. SwampFoot

SwampFoot Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2015
    She's not a dom, but you can't tell her that. The only hens I have that challenge her anymore are the Asils. She particularly hates my American game hens. I've seen her run about fifty feet of she notices one getting treaded by "Her," roosters. I ended up putting her with my laying hen group after I got the big pen ready for them. The broodcock tried to hit me for the first time when I took her out, and he's always been tame. She isn't so mean to the production breeds.

6. JShubin

JShubin Overrun With Chickens

Jul 23, 2013
    Southern California
    My Coop
    what breed is that white one?

7. roosterhavoc

Jan 5, 2012
    Whitehackle

8. roosterhavoc

Jan 5, 2012
    [​IMG]jackpot!! My broken egg that I used scotch tape on hatched this morning. First one out too.

9. flypen

flypen Overrun With Chickens

Oct 1, 2013
    Shreveport,LA.
    Awesome!

10. roosterhavoc

Jan 5, 2012
    I get up for work at 3 am and checked the eggs and that taped up one was pipped right at the tape. I was kinda afraid to take it off cause I had another one pipped too. I left it and hoped for the best. Pretty cool since I actually put the egg in the trash and then took it back out to tape it up. Lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by