Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you hit the jackpot.. And you got hours worth of information and techniques from an old cocker. priceless
Yes it was a pleasure to meet and gab with him. He is in his fifties and old enough to be my dad. Ive never met a man more educated on fowl.he said if it had feathers he's raised it at one time or another. Blue springs gamefowl out of tn was his farm for many years before he quit. His favorite color birds is same as mine grey. So now I am raising orientals (asils) and americans (grey) and farm buzzards - buff orpington, leghorns, rhode island whites.

Sdm . In your area is toppy popular? I thought I read somewhere that toppy origin started in Louisiana. And are more abundant in that area

U said others are straight line brawler as in not breakers. What sweater don't break?
Didn't say that they were stupid just that they have tunnel vision and one direction. Which are good treats in the right situation, definitely not in shorts that for sure. I like a boxing match over a sword fight, but that is just my perspective.

Sdm . In your area is toppy popular? I thought I read somewhere that toppy origin started in Louisiana. And are more abundant in that area
I've never seen a toppy in real life not saying they not here but I would say they not popular. Don't know about the originating part either maybe but I never heard personally.

I've never seen a toppy in real life not saying they not here but I would say they not popular. Don't know about the originating part either maybe but I never heard personally.
From what I understand a toppy is a speed bird much like clarret in characteristics

Kelso sweater hatch and grey or a cross of are the popular ones that I'm around. Kelso would take top tier I would guess that's what culturally everybody's got

Yes it was a pleasure to meet and gab with him. He is in his fifties and old enough to be my dad. Ive never met a man more educated on fowl.he said if it had feathers he's raised it at one time or another. Blue springs gamefowl out of tn was his farm for many years before he quit. His favorite color birds is same as mine grey. So now I am raising orientals (asils) and americans (grey) and farm buzzards - buff orpington, leghorns, rhode island whites.
Wow you might be younger than me... My parents are almost 60. Ill be 30 this year.

Yeah I was lucky enough to get my original fowl from my old neighbor who is a well known local cocker. I also had a chance to meet a big time Cuban breeder that also has a farm in my town. I learned a lot from both.

I miss my Greys, but I think I got a good dark leg grey stag coming up (bloodline from my original greys).

and a little grey pullet..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom