Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BANTAMWYANDOTTE, Dec 27, 2011.

1. alroy82

alroy82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2014
    Sparta tn
    Ok I bow out sir. And may stand corrected and will stop with the info wrong or right :)

2. centrarchid

centrarchid Chicken Obsessed

Sep 19, 2009
    Holts Summit, Missouri
    I am trying to put a little more bulk in the diet of my penned birds by using alfalfa / oat pellets. We are into third day of applying and some are starting to show differences in their feces. Others still not touching the stuff. Anyone tried such as part of the ration?

See link to product being used.

http://standleeforage.com/product/alfalfa-oat/alfalfa-oat-cubes

3. kingcocker

kingcocker Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    LA county Ca
    Real talk

4. roosterhavoc

roosterhavoc Overrun With Chickens

Jan 5, 2012
    ive had that in my hand once or twice before and always put it back. Was gonna try it out through the winter but never did.

5. roosterhavoc

roosterhavoc Overrun With Chickens

Jan 5, 2012
    No proof

6. alroy82

Jan 27, 2014
    Sparta tn
    I feed mine rooster booster. Its a 15 way scratch with like 18% protien and 6% fat and it seems to do ok. Most that see my birds say they look healthy

7. alroy82

Jan 27, 2014
    Sparta tn
    Ive been trying your advice on the oatmeal or grits for my babies instead of starter for first 5 days and they seem to be doing great

8. kingcocker

Apr 15, 2015
    LA county Ca
    This has been an argument between my brother and I since we were kids as my Asian cocker grandfather thought my cuban grandfathers birds were dunghill and visa versa. There is some jungle fowl in there for sure and yes malay types but base has to be bankovid and things like hennie are just the result of set line or phino type breeding. Speaking of the English, Irish and Spanish lines that were originally imported to the Americas.

9. centrarchid

centrarchid Chicken Obsessed

Sep 19, 2009
    Holts Summit, Missouri

I am going to give them a week to adjust. If they do not get into it better then cubes will be soaked in water to see what that does for intake. This stuff is being provided in addition to a ration that is known to be sufficient if not a little high in protein.

10. kingcocker

Apr 15, 2015
    LA county Ca
    I will take a few new pics on the weekend sir. I live in the city and my birds are on our farm a couple hours away. I have this black Dom at home though.[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by