Show off your chicken names!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickenCharmer, Jun 14, 2009.

1. I want to see the names of your chickens! I've seen some really good ones on this site, and maybe they'll give us ideas for finding names for our new chicks!

Here are some of mine:

Agatha, Gloria, Clara, Hilda, Lucy, Nickel, Penny, Artemis, Athena, Cinder, Corona, Phoenix, Antoinette, Daphne, Isabell, Ivory, Florence, Beth, Pandora, Diana, Edwina, Princess, Angela, Gladys, Victoria, Henrietta, Willow, Sunshine, ELiza, Simone, Martha

and some roos:

Alexander the Great, Chanticleer, Remus, Vienna, Galileo, Napoleon, Apollo.

There are more, but this should be enough. Now let's see yours!

2 people like this.
  2. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Carbon
    Sailor Moon
    Turtle
    Sinistra
    Julia

I think I'll name my next pullet Thalassa.

3. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Gumby and Pokey
    Minnie and Daisey

1 person likes this.
  4. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

I have 60 ish and not all have names but i still can't name them all but here are the ones i rembeber:
    Arwen, Merry, Pippin, cuckoo, buffalorp, paint, friend, speckles, stitch, cautious, sunny, friend chick 1 and 2, red, flossy and bossy, buffy, snowy, pepper, chocolate........I think thats all we have named but i know i'm missing something

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Here's mine.

[​IMG]

Imp

2 people like this.
  6. Auntbeast

Auntbeast In the Brooder

Mar 25, 2009
    Rabun County, GA
    My daughter has named our rooster Doodle Do. Her hen she has named KayKay Bird. Interestingly, my daughter refers to herself as KayKay. Our turkey is named Cookie because that is how she says turkey. The one chicken I've been allowed to name is Harmony. She was the last surviving chick from an attack. (Elton John reference)

I now have to think of 14 more names. [​IMG]

7. Quote:That's why I posted this! You can use any name here that strikes your fancy!

8. cappuccino

cappuccino In the Brooder

May 22, 2009
    RI
    Quote:We have a rhody, too. We also have Nevin, Fuzzy Ducky, Runt and Mr. Weenie(who is a hen)

9. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Songster

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    My chickies come in 6 days, so no decided names to think of.
    Here are what we like-
    Dinner
    Tasty
    Fried
    Smoked
    Baked
    Rotesserie (SP?)
    Original
    Extra crispie
    Spicy

Now, these are the names that my male friends all found quite funny. I'm sure I'll probably go for a more sophisticated name choice such as Brunch, or Bubba (should I recieve a roo)... [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Quote:Ha Ha! I'm guessing, by the looks of it, that you've ordered meat chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: