1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Show Off Your Cows/Goats/Sheep!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Melody the Goat, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Melody the Goat

Melody the Goat Out Of The Brooder

This thread is specifically for showing off your beautiful goats, cows and sheep, and chatting/asking questions about them! I will start with a few of my goats and cows (I don't have sheep). BTW, they can be any age, crossbred or purebred. Please post the name of the animal (if they have a name) and the breed (if you know their breed).

Annie the Alpine
    [​IMG]
    Verity, she's a Lamancha
    [​IMG]
    Mini-Lamancha - Midge
    [​IMG]
    Angus heifer named Keatha
    [​IMG]
    Bell - Jersey/Guernsey cross
    [​IMG]
    Sasha, Normande/Jersey
    [​IMG]
    A big happy family. Left to right - Violet (Dutch Belted), Keatha and Violet's heifer from last sumer, Gertrude (Dutch Belted/Hereford).
    [​IMG]\
    Below is the bull that Violet is currently bred to. He's a Randall. Violet should have a pretty calf! She's due in September.
    [​IMG]

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    You animals are gorgeous. How many cows do you have? We used to own a dairy farm but have thankfully upgraded to a hobby farm. I have 12 goats, no cows or sheep.

I do have 2 lamancha wethers. They are very calm goats and don't push me around like my sable and alpine do.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  3. Melody the Goat

Thank you! Your two wethers are very handsome! Do you have a picture of your Sable goat? I would love to see her!

We have six cows total. Four of them are milk cows, and they each have a calf from last spring/summer, plus the Angus foster heifer we got from a friend because she wasn't nursing on her mama. She almost died, but thankfully pulled through! One of our milk cows, Sasha, has Staph A in one quarter of her udder, and so we have her scheduled to be butchered in April. For that reason we need another milk cow. We might be getting a Guernsey/Murray Gray cross cow and her heifer calf soon though!

We also got a Red Brahman heifer, Soji (short for Sojourner Truth) last November. Below is a picture of five of the six calves together (although you can see Keatha's nose and ear in the background [​IMG]):
    [​IMG]

4. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Sits With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    You have a very diverse herd of cattle. I always wanted a Brahma since i was a kid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 6th_Happiness

6th_Happiness Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2011
    We have Babydoll Sheep.
    Of course the chickens think they make great taxi's, especially in winter!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Melody the Goat

They are all beautiful @6th_Happiness ! You brought a bottle baby lamb to the store? How cute!

We have two bottle goats right now. A Mini-Nubian doeling, and a Mini-Lamancha buckling with blue eyes. They just got dis-budded yesterday, so are a little sore. These pictures were taken about a week ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by