Show off your cross breeds!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Well I saw a thread on here about cross breed chickens, and I thought, why not ducks?

So lets all show off our cross breeds! They are just as good as the pure ones and they can be nice any colorful [​IMG]

Just lets us know:

Name
    Cross
    age at picture
    Thats it!

If you wanted to, or hae the pictures that it, I thought it would be cool to show a duckling picture as well as the adult picture, if you have them. If not, then just show off your crosses!!!

Ill start

Name: P.j. ( Peep Junior, hehe)
    Cross: Mallard / Buff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  2. kandyg_99

kandyg_99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Colorado
    Beautiful Duck!! Some of the crosses I've seen are gorgeous......

3. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Some of the weirdest combinations pop up too, Mine turned out looking sort of like a few Khaki's ive seen

4. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    Rouen X Blue Swedish (app. 3-4 years old.) :

[​IMG]

Rouen X Blue Swedish (App. 1 week old, 1 year old, 2 y.o. Winter feathering.) :

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mallard X Blue Swedish:

[​IMG]

All are female.

5. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Gorgeous! I wish I still had my Blue Swede Drake, I love yours!

When you say "winter feathering" , do you mean that he/she changes coloring for summer/winter?
    I might have that problem, I though that my cross was just going through some weird phases when he changed colors.

6. Smartie_Pants

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    Quote:Yes. In my experience most of the Mallard or Rouen pures or crosses change their feather color or pattern in the winter.

Summer feathering: [​IMG]

Winter Feathering: [​IMG]

Mine tend to get a lot draber if they are usually bright and they get a lot more color if they have a lot of white. You can see how she got so much brown for winter.

7. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Lol, I was wondering why my little man started to look more like his old man [​IMG] Yours goes through a major change, It didnt even think it was the same duck at first!

if you were closer id ask if you wanted to swap eggs, lol, he is gorgeous!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  8. Smartie_Pants

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    Someone on here offered to send me some free mutt chicken eggs in the spring, I would be glad to pay it forward (if shipping isn't outrageous.). If you want some I will send you some. I have 2 males now, one blue swedish male and one Ancona male. The female would either be one of my three mixes or from one of my 5 Blue Swed hens.

9. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Very Extremely tempting... especially the Blue Swedes, they are my all time fav as y fist duck was a drake.
    Only thing is im not good with the incubator! If I ever do get eggs it would have to be at a time when my girl was setting( I only have one and 3 boys, so I need more!) and I could slip them under her. She is on her last couple of days for her current clutch of 14+ eggs to hatch. I dont know what Ill do with that many Ducklings!

10. Smartie_Pants

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    I dont know what Ill do with that many Ducklings!

Send them to me [​IMG]

Do you gave pics of your duck? And what kind of duck is that in the background of your pics? Post a pic of him.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by