Show off your favourite chickens or poultry here

This is Spunky, my polish silkie cross, I'm very proud of what he has overcome. At just 3 months old he couldn't walk anymore, had curled toes, panting, lost so much weight. I was told it was Mareks by so many; but I had a feeling it wasn't. I was ready to cull after 3 weeks, it was a hard decision as he was the sweetest chick. 4 to 5 weeks after he first had his symptoms, I decided to give him vitamins, he suddenly got better overnight! The next day though, his toes curled back. :( I looked it up and read it'll be permanent. BUT I never gave up on him. I bought a reptile, yes reptile, multivitamin powder and have been giving it to him every other day. Now at 7 months old his feet are completely flat!! And he's learning to walk again! Considering this was supposed to be permanent and he wouldn't be able to walk again, this is amazing progress! :D He's progressing more and more everyday and finally gaining his weight back!:love
20181031_125815.jpg

Enghlisj Lavendenederes 03-13-12 030.JPG
Enghlisj Lavendenederes 03-13-12 030.JPG
Our favorite photo is our precious small (Tiny) dog who loves being with our babies chicks, she loves to lick and nuzzle everyone of them, as to saying "OK your mind, and I've adopted you. Penny loved watching over them and curling up with them and took on being a protective mother of them. She even laying curled up next to them...this went on for several weeks as the chicks grew and started to wonder away from there adopted mother It was so heart warming to see a young dog love a creature they enjoyed so much!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom