Show Off Your Geese And Chickens

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Embden Geese, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Embden Geese

Embden Geese Songster

Jan 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hello I am obsessed with my geese and love all poultry but I cant talk about them with anyone I know because they think I'm strange enough already but I want everyone to realise that they are not food they are your friends, so I decided to make this thread to show everyone to be proud of your poultry. So post as many pics as you would like and show off your birds!

Julie Birb and jmanning25 like this.
  2. Feather Hearts

Feather Hearts Crowing

Oct 4, 2016
    Northland, New Zealand
    Hello! Welcome to BYC! I have plenty of lovely birds! Button quail, coturnix quail, ducks, muscovy ducks, chickens and cockatiels you name it! How many geese do you have? What are they're names?

Embden Geese and ben0125 like this.
  3. Embden Geese

Embden Geese Songster

Jan 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I have two pure Embden geese I rescued them 4 or 5 years ago and they are called Dapple and Snowflake

Attached Files:

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia ~Delight yourself in the Lord~

Beautiful geese.

Embden Geese likes this.
  5. Ptera

Ptera Songster

Oct 9, 2017
    Maryland
    I know what you mean about people thinking you're "weird" for liking your birds. We know better, that they're sentient, friendly, beautiful, snuggly, etc. In short, awesome!

Attached Files:

6. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Crowing

Dec 17, 2011
    Welcome to the forum. You have beautiful geese. I wish more people viewed poultry as pets, not food. Poultry are the most abused animals in the food industry, both on degree of horrific torture practices, and the sheer numbers of birds being abused are in the billions. Not only do I not eat meat, but even my dogs/cats are on a poultry free diet. So if you are crazy, then I should be committed.

7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Chicken Lover, Duck Therapist

Mar 11, 2017
    South Park, Colorado, USA
    I have told next to no one that I am getting ducks next week. I am so excited that I can't think about anything else, but I have a feeling my friends will just think I'm crazy for bringing home more animals! Trust me, on BYC we totally understand :hugs

8. Feather Hearts

Feather Hearts Crowing

Oct 4, 2016
    Northland, New Zealand
    Aww, they are lovely. (I've always wanted geese)

Miss Lydia and Embden Geese like this.
  9. Embden Geese

Embden Geese Songster

Jan 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I totally agree im also meat free I even let the geese in the house although other people do not like it LOL

Attached Files:

Miss Lydia likes this.
  10. jmanning25

jmanning25 In the Brooder

Sep 13, 2017
    I love my geese. They are loud and bad but they are also sweet, cuddly and alot of fun. Gracie is beautiful, and Klaous is bad and has angel wing so he looks funny.

Attached Files:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: