1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Show off your homemade chicken feeders

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Anny, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    Hey I've seen a couple of nice chicken feeders on here, and I'd like to see some more!

[​IMG]

Show off your home made auto feeders and such things. I'm looking for a simple to build, easy to use, chicken feeder. (and waterer)

2. Jades Chickens

Jades Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Sno.co.Wa.
    I would like to see them too if anyone has them.

3. WikkitGateFarm

WikkitGateFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2008
    Pickaway County, Ohio
    Ours, in the new tractor:

[​IMG]

On a more serious note, there are many plans online for deer feeders that would work very well with only slight modification. Here's one example. I have some 6" schedule 80 pvc that I was considering making into a reel feeder. I'll let you know how that project goes.

Another idea: in large production systems, they use augers to deliver feed. I might have to play around with making a little one that I can hook up to a bin with a 50 lb. capacity. The vanes of the auger could prevent some billing out. Put the hopper in the feed storage area, crank a handle a few times, and the birds are fed. Would work really well for Cornish X birds that needed feed restriction.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  4. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    this is mine. In the back I have a bucket with holes in the bottom.Cut a hole for a inch and a half pvc.With a jucy juice bottle cut for the funnel.Cauled around the hole and the white bucket beside it goes over it to keep the rain out. Feed ever 2 weeks.total cost 0

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  5. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Thats a neat idea

6. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    thank you if i had the camera today i would show my waterer i made.Wife is makind pic at school for fathers day.But what i did i took a old paint bucket.Dilled holes close to the bottom the size of a pencil.The bucket lid had a cap you can take of.its setting in a cat litter box. So when i fill it up I take old pencil to close the holes in the bottom , then i take the top off and fill every thing up including the litter box.Put the cap on, and pull the pencils out and it last almost a week.I have seen them were people just druills hole at the top and turns it over.I,m disable I can't pick up 10ibs so i make every thing easy for me and the kids

7. llamagirl

llamagirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2009
    Western NC
    Here's mine thanks to Nifty-Chicken!
    I needed one to go in a mobile Chicken Run.
    View my page and check out the supplies.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  8. Hambone

Hambone Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Union, KY
    Bump. I need ideas.

9. flopshot

flopshot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by