Silkie Princess

Crossing the Road
Jun 24, 2021
Slovakia, Europe
My Coop
My Coop
Hi everybody! Just thought about making a fun horse and pony thread. What can I say? Show off your horses and ponies!🤣

My Welsh pony. Her name is Swallow ( yeah I know a weird name for a horse).

1626790162903.png

Aww, what a cute girl!
I used to ride horses. I started when I was about 3. I stopped a couple years ago after I had an accident. The owner of the farm I rode at put me on a horse that was too old to hold me (and we found out later that she was sick). The horse collapsed mid trot, and threw me to the ground. I broke my arm, and it took nearly two years for me to be able to move it properly.
I want to get back into it though. I do really enjoy riding. It's a feeling unlike anything else in the world.

@Silkie Princess love that photo!
@HappyClucker7 I'm so sorry you had a bad experience like that! I feel bad for that poor horse!

Here's my special boy. Always been a Friesian fan and after working with many of them owned by other people, I am now a proud owner of this little trouble maker:
IMG_1436.JPG

He has two nicknames, Bug and Booker and just turned 2 in June. I'm enjoying him so much! Plans for him include driving, dressage and some tricks (bow, lie down, Spanish walk etc.) The hardest part is waiting for him to grow up!

@HappyClucker7 I'm so sorry you had a bad experience like that! I feel bad for that poor horse!

Thank you.
I didn't even tell you the worst part of the story. The owners of the farm killed the poor horse to try and hide the fact that she was sick. I'm still really sad and angry about that. She was really sweet, and the accident wasn't her fault.

Here's my special boy. Always been a Friesian fan and after working with many of them owned by other people, I am now a proud owner of this little trouble maker:
IMG_1436.JPG

He has two nicknames, Bug and Booker and just turned 2 in June. I'm enjoying him so much! Plans for him include driving, dressage and some tricks (bow, lie down, Spanish walk etc.) The hardest part is waiting for him to grow up!

He is gorgeous!
I love dressage. If I do start riding again, I definitely want to learn how to do that.

Has anybody else besides me been watching the Dressage Olympics? It's debatable whether or not these Olympics should even have been held at all, but I'm loving these horses and riders!
Every test has a beauty of its own, each horse and rider is so different! I'm loving watching this, and getting inspired to be more patient riding my horses.

I so can't wait to see the Eventing!

Has anybody else besides me been watching the Dressage Olympics? It's debatable whether or not these Olympics should even have been held at all, but I'm loving these horses and riders!
Every test has a beauty of its own, each horse and rider is so different! I'm loving watching this, and getting inspired to be more patient riding my horses.

I generally don't watch the Olympics, but I might watch the horse events. If I can find the time! 😅

Yep. I have, I’m not really into eventing mainly dressage as u already know. I will post some pictures of my horse.

I compete at low level dressage (at the moment) but it has taken a long time to get him to where we are now and I’m genuinely proud of Huddie and my efforts. I ride somewhere between 4-5 times a week and he lives on my property but we don’t have an arena so it’s kinda hard riding on hilly surfaces and trying not to let him slip when it’s been raining.
Hudson is a welsh cob, 14.3hh and I really wish he was in ponies not horses when we’re competing officially against the warmbloods it knocks my confidence when we get bad marks and then place 5th out of 15 riders and even though I know it’s good because it’s relatively high it’s just hard to compete against people so much older than me, gosh I would have tied for first if he had been in ponies and instead I placed 6th.
Anyway, I shouldn’t complain because he’s beautiful and I love him lots it’s just frustrating sometimes.
1B5013B6-5B92-40FA-BB62-83E5A8243A8F.jpeg
47C7EEC3-8119-4A77-A5D2-811D68F4A0F2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom