Show off your interesting and awesome mixed-breeds! *Pic heavy*

SilverPhoenix

Bantam Fanatic
10 Years
Dec 15, 2009
Penn Valley, CA
Got some birds in your flock that aren't purebred, but just came out interesting, pretty, or odd in appearance? Show them off and brag about them here! Mixes can be just as fancy and lovely as purebreds.

Share if you know what mix they are, but if not that's fine, too! Here are a few of my mixes to get us started:

Misc171.jpg

These two girls (Alpine is the gray one, Aspen is the lighter one) are both the same mix, actually--Plymouth barred rock and manx rumpie! The man I got them from had a bunch of this mix, and they were such an interesting variety. Only one of my two came out tailless, but I think they're both just lovely! I really like their body shape, coloration, and, in Aspen's case, markings.

Misc173.jpg

Misc208.jpg

And this girl, Fumie, is my mille fleur d'uccle/OEGB mix:

Misc407.jpg

Misc351.jpg

One of my young OEGB hens hatched her in the dead middle of winter a few years ago, so she had to be raised in the house. I couldn't find chicks available anywhere, so I was forced to raise her alone (her mother was uncertain of what to do with her). She had some trouble adjusting to the flock for quite a while because she was more imprinted to humans than her own kind, but now she behaves like a normal chicken like she's supposed to.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom