1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Show Off Your Lamb Pics!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chiko, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    I Love My Pet Lamb He Is A Shetland Cross And Is So Small And Cute But I Would Like To See Other Sheep So Please Post Your Pics Of Your Lambs Here!

2. lasergrl

lasergrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Middlefield Ohio
    This girl is BaaBaa I dont know what she is but she is on the smaller side, and polled. She was from the local auction, as a lamb with a lot of 4. She was so sweet that she wasnt butchered even though I didnt really want wool sheep. She has had one lamb, a dead ram that I had to pull from her. She went down during birth and couldnt get up. It took a week of nursing her but she slowly started scooting herself around and finally got up. Now she thinks she is a goat and preffers the goats. As soon as breeding season is over she will go from the sheep pasture to the goat pasture and she will be SOOOO happy.

[​IMG]

This is a group pic, shows my two katahdin ewe lambs, one is very much a hair sheep (the red) and the white with some red has quite a wooly winter coat!

[​IMG]

This is "the ram" I hope he produces a ram lamb that looks like him, because he is more then I want to handle! he was babied by previous owners and a little too tame for my liking.

[​IMG]

This is the newest addition, two soay ewe lambs. One is polled and one is horned with some white between the horns. They were from a wild flock but are calming down and learned the back door opening means "run, treats!"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  3. Chiko

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    wow thanks I love your cows!

4. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    i am getting some katahdin lambs in about a month and i will breeding some more sheep soon.

5. Chiko

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    Quote:Oh thats awesome we want to breed ours too but will need to buy him a Ewe so maybe i will post pics of my sheep family [​IMG]

6. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    Wow. i am already liking this thread. I just finished my fence for the sheep and i am half way done with the shelter. it should be done tommorow. I am going monday to a sheep breeder to look and learn.

7. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    I have St. Croix hairsheep, I [​IMG] them. We just had lamb shoulder in fact for dinner tonight, incredibly tasty meat from this heritage breed.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by