Show off your large parrot

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by duckncover, Mar 27, 2011.

1. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    I have a double yellow headed Amazon and an Eclectus. What do you have? Feel free to post your cage setups/play stands if you feel like sharing!

2. bagendhens

bagendhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Outside the Boundries
    not realy a "large" parrot compared to his cousins...
    but
    my baby
    [​IMG]
    Jack Jack, the severe macaw.

[​IMG]
    hes a silly "goose"

ill have to get pictures of his cage and playstands, his cage is 5 ft tall (inside dimensions) by 4ft by 3 ft...its actually designed to house larger macaws lol.
    he has 2 'play areas" one is a kings java "tree" tabletop play stand in the kitchen...
    the other is a hanging ring with toys and a net over by his cage.

he also loves to play on the fishtank lol.

im planning on making him a big pvc playstand eventually too.

3. DixieChickie

DixieChickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    VA
    We have Ozzy a Harlequin Macaw (3yrs old) and 2 Timenh Afrcan Greys; Kendi (almost 2 yrs old) and Sterling (10 yr old rescue)
    Here's Ozzy...photobucket won't let me get to my grey's albums ..I'll share them later
    [​IMG]

4. court1100f

court1100f Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    I've got Rosie Girl, my wife has Skipper I DESPISE skipper but irregardless hes here. Rosie is in my other post to introduce her but I'll add her here aswell shes my 10 year old(as of Feb 2nd, 2011) Moluccan Cockatoo. Skippers hateful evil little butt is a unknown aged Citron Cockatoo. we also have a rescued Goffins our most recent addition and a royal loud mouth and shes abit bite happy but over all shes starting to become a good bird We call her Cleeker shes a bouncy bouncy bird lol. ANYway on to the pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the 1st and last pictures are immediately after moving into this current house so it's kinda messy but still pictures are cute of Rosie so I'm including them despite the mess.

this is her Demon Spawned Citron Cockatoo I say that cause hes tried to kill a cockatiel(Pepper) Rosie(see above pictures) and has attacked me and my Mother both at different times everytime unprovoked to that extent I've got probly 6-7 scars from him attacking. hes mean and gets off to trying to hurt other animals SO I don't like him
    My wife however loves the psychotic thing here HE is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this picture is before he turned on me and started his attacks
    [​IMG]

this one too
    [​IMG]

and Shes the one he tried his best to kill luckily I got to her first

[​IMG]

I'll get pictures of Cleeker asap and add her too

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by