Show off your Naked Neck Hybrids :)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by wyndski, Apr 19, 2012.

1. wyndski

wyndski Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    Spring Hill, FL
    I didn't know what to think when I ended up with my first naked neck hen. So ugly she was cute.. lol I put her in with a Roo that looks like a WFBS, but is a WFBS/OEGB/Silkie mix. The two in my corner picture are his grandparents. I do not know if the NN hen is a hybrid or has two NN parents, prob a hybrid. She hatched out two chicks, one is a full feather pullet and the other is a NN roo. He just started crowing and it is weird seeing him crow with the naked neck. lol I hope he get the white lobes, but they do not seem to show up for awhile on my mixes.

[​IMG]

This is his father
    [​IMG]

This is mom
    [​IMG]

2. Beautiful!
    Check out the Naked Neck thread for pics of some other fabulous Naked Neck crosses.

3. wyndski

Dec 12, 2007
    Spring Hill, FL
    Thanks I will check it out. It has 395 pages though :O . Not everyone appreciates mixes so I had thought I would start a seperate thread.

4. homeschoolchick

homeschoolchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    They don't mind mixes on the NN thread :) I like your babies!

5. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Check out my avatar!

This is a 3/4 Polish-Naked Neck.

6. wyndski

Dec 12, 2007
    Spring Hill, FL
    Oh wow thats a neat one! Do you have more pictures? Love all the fluff on its head from the polish. [​IMG]

7. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    No sorry, I sold both of those two weekends ago.
    The other 2 pictures I had were on my old computer that crashed.
    I currenttly have Polish Easter Egger crosses.

8. I'm really liking the looks of my blue/black Naked Neck x white crested black Polish crosses.
    I have some that are blue/black crested Naked Necks and a few that are white crested blue/black Naked Necks. I'm kind of surpised the 'white crested' bit popped out in a first generation cross --- but happy.
    Lisa

9. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dipsy Doodle Doo,Would love to see pics. I have eggs in the incubator now from my buff laced polish hen and red crested red polish hen mated to my turken roosters. And I brought home a black turken hen last week and she is with my frizzled gold laced/tolblunt split polish rooster.

10. Those sound interesting! I've been slack on pic-taking lately. They look (to quote Penny), "Quite Seuss-ian"! I have a couple of barred crested NN cockerels that just make me smile --- of course, they all make me smile. How is that last group of eggs growing (I didn't forget, just haven't been in PP long enough to do it). Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by