Show off your world record of hatching eggs here!!!!!! :D

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lvchicken, Mar 31, 2011.

1. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Have record of hatching eggs and want to show off??? Well, this is just the place. Show the whole world what a good home-hatcher you really are! Feel free to post your new-borns!!!! [​IMG]

Just post how many eggs you've hatched so far and how many are under the hen and in incubator! It can range from 1 to 60 billion LOL!!!!!! [​IMG]

2. Crayonsmom

Crayonsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    MA
    3 in the incubator

0 hatched (This is my first attempt!)

[​IMG]

3. lvchicken

Feb 1, 2011
    Quote:That's great! Good luck with it!!!!!

4. hmlongino

hmlongino Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    Fayetteville, GA
    I had my first hatching this month... 22 eggs put in, 18 chicks came out! (One died during zipping, I think he got stuck... so almost 19!)

Whoo hoo! [​IMG]

5. lvchicken

Feb 1, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Congratulations! [​IMG]

6. macdoogle

macdoogle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    San Diego
    I hatched 13 out of 17. 8 out of 12 shipped and 5 out of 5 local. My last hatch was 1 out of 16. As long as I get one live chick I'm happy.

7. lvchicken

Feb 1, 2011
    Quote:That is quite a bummer the rest didn't hatch, but at least you got one like you said! I bet you baby her a TON!!!!!!! [​IMG]

8. bucket04

bucket04 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2011
    Falcon, Colorado
    I'm new to BYC, but I've been reading all sorts of posts on here for about a year now to help me with my chickens. I finally made an incubator out of a styrofoam ice chest, and set 7 eggs... got 4 live babies. [​IMG] They were born March 9th and 10th.

I built a larger incubator and using my previous numbers, set 35 eggs to get 20 chicks. I set them as they were laid by my 9 hens, over the course of 5 days (the three I lost in my first batch were set a day after they were laid, so It could have been because I don't have 'storage' figured out....) Hopefully there won't be a problem hatching babies out for 5-6 days. [​IMG] In my first batch, the babies dried off fairly quickly and I was able to get them out while waiting for the others to hatch. So far, through candling, I have caught and discarded 4 dud eggs, and have a possible 3 more that may not be viable. I have 28 I believe to still be viable, so I can technically lose up to 8 more and still get my 20 babies. [​IMG]

If I can figure out how to upload pictures, I would love to show off my peeps.... Oh, and I uploaded the video of my 'first born' onto Youtube.... if anyone is interested. [​IMG]

I never realized how large this forum community is... I'm very glad it's here! Now I know I'm not alone in my chicken addiction. [​IMG]

9. hmlongino

hmlongino Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    Fayetteville, GA
    I have 12 going into lock down tomorrow... it's so exciting (and nerve-wracking)!! [​IMG]

10. Kbagwell1

Kbagwell1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    I have 16 in the incubator now! This is my first set so lets see what happens!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by