Show Pigs

team edward

Songster
9 Years
Jul 11, 2010
Amarillo Area
hey all! just wondering who all is showing pigs this year
big_smile.png

I am a 4-H leader, my kids (my own and the kids in the club) have always shown small animals, rabbits, chickens, goats, geese, turkeys, etc but several want to show pigs this year, so we are diving in head first! Trying to learn all we can!
smile.png

My son has shown pigs for the last 4 or 5 yrs... He's won GRAND CHAMPION 2 yrs in a row and then last yr. picked the wrong pig... you know when they're small, you really can't tell what they'll turn into ... His and the rest of his club had been getting great looking pigs, great looking butts.
Melinda

I have friends that have shown pigs but I always raised them for my own meat not auction....... I was in a 4-H horse club and can remeber being out in the ring listening to the pig auction going on at the county fair.

We breed pigs, but don't have any that would show well. Patty, our Hampshire Sow is a registered sow and she's got a few champions behind her. I will probably just stick with my sheep and goats for the large animals.

The hog auction has too many pigs in it every year and no one ever makes much money from it.

This year is my last year of 4-H.
sad.png

Liamm_1

you rate pigs' butts?

YUP!!! Well, I do, my son takes into consideration, the length of the body too. How they walk and the color...(not sure color as anything to do with it )

There's no movement in their butts when they move, it's all meat, no fat!!! If they grow over their bone struture, they produce fat and their BUTTS start to jiggle...you know kinda like people....LOL

Melinda
maybe I have a pic of his... I'll look... ok, I only have one and it's blurring...maybe DH has one...​

Back
Top Bottom