Show quality or not?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ChickieBooBoo, Aug 15, 2010.

1. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Here are my Silver Spangled Hamburgs, they're about 20 weeks now and the hen has just started laying. The parents had been to shows and stuff so I'm assuming these 2 are pretty good quality. Please be honest, good or bad.

The hen:
    [​IMG]

The rooster:
    [​IMG]

Both:
    [​IMG]

2. ChickieBooBoo

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Quote:nobody replyed after me, I started a new thread with better pics

3. ChickieBooBoo

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    bump? Anybody?

4. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    We're just starting to get into Silver Spangled Hamburgs (DD saw them at this year's fair & fell in love.) So I'm not sure of the quality of your pair, but would like to hear input from those who show SSH about what's good and bad about them.

5. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I have no idea about the breed. I can say they are in nice condition and their pattern looks good. The combs are so nice and red and the male's looks like it is well curved and even. Waddles look good too. I think they're supposed to have nice, large white lobes like rosecombs. His should get fuller as he matures. Your hen's tail does look like it has a stiff "break" where it meets her back. I would assume the standard calls for a more subtle curve at the transition. I'll be waiting for someone with some more knowledge. If anything they are very healthy and vibrant birds. I think they're beautiful [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  6. ChickieBooBoo

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    thanks for the input Msbear! The hen does have a stiff break where her back and her tail meet, I dont think its just the pic either. The rooster is more curved, I dont know which one is right...? Anybody else?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by