1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Show quality Orpingtons

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by peachdawg78, Apr 21, 2009.

1. peachdawg78

peachdawg78 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2009
    Pensacola, Florida
    Hey there, I' m new to this forum but I am looking to located hatching eggs from show quality orpingtons. I would really like to find blues, blacks and possibly golden laced and barred (cuckoo). I may have to create the barreds since all I seem to find are UK breeders. Does anyone know if they can ship from the UK to the US?

2. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Hi! There are some Barreds being developed here but I do not think anyone has any for sale, same for the GLOs. Julie (Bammachicken) has great BBS Orps. I would contact her.

3. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    I'm not sure if you're interested in Buff Orps, but my friend has some of the best Large Fowl Orps you'll ever see. It's pretty much a guarantee that her birds win Champ Large Fowl when she's at the show. I think she has large blacks too, but I'm not sure. Let me know if you're interested. I will PM you her phone number. She ships chicks and adult birds.

4. Leah-yes I know I'm crazy

Leah-yes I know I'm crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Skidway Lake, MI
    I think that Sandhill Preservation has them as chicks but does not sell hatching eggs. I think they have a good reputation but I have never bought from them myself.

5. peachdawg78

peachdawg78 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2009
    Pensacola, Florida
    I really guess I need to find some really nice Blacks so I can setup a barred project using Barred Rocks and possibly breed golden laced using gl wyandottes.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida.

7. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:Here is an old thread on GLOs .

8. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.