Show Quality Silver Phoenix?

BANTAMWYANDOTTE

Songster
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
Kentucky
Are these "good" quality Silver Duckwing Phoenix Chicks?

81435_pic_029.jpg

81435_pic_057.jpg

81435_pic_050.jpg

Hi, the rooster looks like he could turn out OK. They are bantams right? He is still pretty young to tell for sure how he will finish out but be patient with him they sometimes are slow to feather out. The hen you can use for a breeder but will get Disqualified in a show because she has green legs. This happens in all lines of bantams in the US. She is fine if you want to use her for breeding just don't keep green legged chicks and you should do fine.. Hope that helps you!! Travis

Like Travis said, it is hard to tell with the rooster. See how many saddles and tail feathers he has (the ones that will keep growing). The more the better. To me it looks like from what I can see he doesn't have many tail feathers at this point, but he is so young that could change quickly.

The hen looks very nice! The only defect for a phoenix that I can see at this time (like Travis said) is the green legs. Although the phoenix lines I'm working with (more correctly called Cy Hyde Onagadori) green legs are preferable to blue, although mine aren't exactly run-of-the-mill phoenix. Where did they come from?

Quote:
Bantams will stay around 1 1/2-3 lbs, standards will be from 2 1/2- 4 1/2 approximately. Of course, the roosters will be on the larger side of the spectrum and the pullet will bee on the lighter. Where did they come from? MW

Back
Top Bottom