Show results!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by EweSheep, Jun 12, 2008.

1. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I am proud to announce that two of my Orpingtons, a blue roo and Onyx, the black hen WON their Open and 4H classes and the judge compliemented they are the best pair of all of the birds there at the show. Onyx was doing good but the judge knocked a point off because she is going thru a molt.

The young lad that showed my birds, he said "This is for Robin" and wanted to give me his trophe and I said No, you deserved the effort and time to care for them and did the best you can! I can not take any awards, nor money for the birds winning top of their classes and I decided right then and there, he earned it and should keep his winnings. All I want from him if anyone inquires about my birds, just tell them they came from me and wanted some future chicks this coming fall next year.

I am PROUD of that young man and deserved to do so! He will keep the pair for in trade for LOTS of chicks from that pair.

Him and his mother is talking about taking the pair to the Illinois State Fair! They have to find the time and money to continue to show but I will do everything I can to promote those wonderful Blue Orpingtons!

In case you are wondering who those Blue Orps, The roo came from the third generation CAtalupa Farms, but his breeder is the one and only Debbie out of Streator, IL and Onyx came from a breeder/judge out of Shelbyville, IL (name is unknown but active in 4H) and she came from second generation of Catalupa Farms Black Orpington flock.

Heres Onyx, a fine show hen...
    [​IMG]

2. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    That's awesome! Congrats to you, the young man, and your chickens!!!

3. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    That's great! Those are very pretty birds. This may sound silly, but are those stripes in the feathering? One more thing, where can I get those..lol

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    :lol:Those stripes are from the reflection from the sun thru a privacy fence....we live in the city limits, you know! Gotta keep those birds in hiding LOL! Sorry I dont sell Striped Orpingtons!

5. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    Leave it to me to think that they came that way...[​IMG]

6. bantamgal

bantamgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Conghratulations! I just was commenting on how pretty she was in the breeds section forum

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Thanks! Onyx is a lovely girl boy, aint she HEAVY! The Blue roo is even more heavier and the judge looked like he had to overdo his weight lifts! [​IMG]

8. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG]

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia