show rooster

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by samjoh95, Jul 10, 2011.

1. samjoh95

samjoh95 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm looking for a breed of rooster that would be good to show and will adapt well to the rest of my flock. I'm thinking Brahma or Delaware? any suggestions??

2. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    Quote:You need to post what your flock consists of, before anyone can give you any knowledgeable opinions.

3. samjoh95

samjoh95 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2011
    I have 6 hens. 1 rhode island red, 2 black tailed buff marans, 1 dominique, 1 leghorn and 1 black copper maran. They are all fairly young and very friendly![​IMG]

4. Missymac

Missymac Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    NY
    Where are you located? I have a show rooster that I am trying to Re-home. Here is a picture of him.
    He is a blue breasted Phoenix bantam
    [​IMG]

5. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Quote:Light Sussex would be nice, I like that pattern more so than Delaware. However the white birds are hard to keep white. In the sun their feathers will yellow. Feather footed birds might be harder to keep in top condition over clean legged birds. Maybe a Speckled Sussex, Welsummer, or Dominique would be good?

6. riverman

riverman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2010
    Central Tx
    Quote:I would suggest Delaware. My main man Victor (Del Roo) watches almost my entire flock and doesnt really play favorites with the ladies. And I think older Delaware Roosters look epic! They get pretty meaty as well [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by