Show some of that chicken love!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by bamagirl68, Jan 31, 2008.

1. bamagirl68

bamagirl68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    central alabama
    Hope I am posting in the right place!

I know most everyone who has chickens doesn't let it end in the chicken yard. Let's post some our favorite most treasured chicken what nots and collectibles! I know I always love the pics everyone posts! I'll start.

I love this plate I found at a thrift store.
    [​IMG]

I painted this sign and DH made the frame for me.[​IMG]

These two plates were a birthday gift from DH one year. He painted them![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't wait to see your goodies!

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW you two are certainly talented....I can't draw a straight line much less paint.........perty things [​IMG] all my chicken stuff/art is outside stuff....no pics :|

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  3. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    WOW! What a great find at the thrift store. Cute plate! You and your DH are soooo talented. You did a great job on the painting and the frame your DH made is perfect for it....perfect combo!

I'll have to take pic of my chicken stuff. My best friend game me some cute chicken salt & pepper shakers that she found in an antique shop. I love them! My sister got me a cute wooden egg display cabinet for x-mas. My sis inlaw found me an old wood box crate that eggs use to be stored in and she says it still has the paper carton and news papers inside from that time. I can't figure out how to open it up w/ out breaking it.

Thanks for sharing!

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have been collecting chickens for a very very long time -over 20 yrs. I'll try to make some photos of my fav ones but it will be later today before I can get them posted. I probably have over 100 things in my house.

5. bamagirl68

Sep 3, 2007
    central alabama
    thank you Smitty's farm! I could never post ALL of my goodies! I have quite a few, but these are a few of my favs. I had a fit when I found that plate! It's one of the cutest things I ever saw! I think I only paid a couple of bucks for it. I am a penny pincher and love those thrift stores! Post some of your pics! [​IMG]

6. Smitty's Farm

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Quote:I love thrift stores to. You never know what kind of treasure you will find. I would have snagged the plate up also. I'll have to go take some pic and post them. I have some other stuff here & there around the house.

The funniest is one that my DH brought home one day as a joke before we got our chickens to play a trick on my daughter.

BTW- I have a cousin that lives in Ozark, Al. I grew up in NW Fla, and we use to go to Dothan a lot when I was younger. I use to have relatives in Enterprise and other place close by.

7. Smitty's Farm

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Here's the funky salt & pepper shakers.

[​IMG]

8. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Phooey! Why won't my computer let me look at these?

9. bamagirl68

Sep 3, 2007
    central alabama
    I am not sure! I am not that great on the computer end!

10. Pelican49

Pelican49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I don't even have chickens yet, and won't get them until I move.

But I saw these and couldn't resist. I'm still debating between putting them in the house on the diningroom table, or mounting them above the entrace to the chicken run.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by