Show us your Christmas-ized coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Sweetened, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Sweetened

Sweetened Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2010
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Was reading another thread about putting Christmas lights up on your coop. Someone suggested making a thread for this, so I did! Too much peer pressure...

Post your pictures of your Christmas-ized coops/barns/runs, with lights and other celebratory holiday season get ups! I'm excited to see so I can have ideas for next year.

2. Felony

Felony Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    Quebec, Canada
    I made this small christmas wreath for my coop, with a metal coat hanger and some evergreen branches( from a fallen tree) [​IMG]

I am going to install my new solar christmas lights today on the coop and add the picture when it's done! It's snowing here....so beautiful!

[​IMG]

3. Felony

Nov 16, 2011
    Quebec, Canada
    I installed the solar lights today so here's the picture...not much people putting their pics, I must be crazy [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    You're not crazy. You're just more efficient than some of us. I still haven't dug out the Advent wreath and calendar. I'm a whole week's worth of candle behind.

mm

5. Moogie

Moogie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    DFW, Texas
    Felony - I love it!

I'll be posting mine, but haven't finished the coop yet - still need to put on the roof and paint and we're running out of time and nice weather. Hopefully, we'll finish next week and I'll put mine up (so no, you're not crazy, lol!) It's rained all day long today...

I'm going with the multi-colored lights too - they look so Christmasy! [​IMG]

6. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    How cute! I didn't know there were solar powered lights, I may have to find them and decorate my coop too [​IMG]

7. Felony

Nov 16, 2011
    Quebec, Canada
    hehe thanks....I don't work so much these days so have lots of time to do these kind of things...

Moogie, good luck with the weather, I hope you'll be done soon!! I'm still working on mine...and I started in june! [​IMG] improvements here and there, my husband, HE thinks i'm crazy [​IMG]

8. Felony

Nov 16, 2011
    Quebec, Canada
    Quote:we live ''off the grid'' and when we bought the house the guy left them to us...I looked at the hardware store and they are quite pricey, so I didnt buy any for the house...but they work ok! the lights are not as bright as the electric ones, especially if it's overcast, but I think it's fine, you still get the christmas effect!

9. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    Target has solar lights for $19.99, I think the strand is 19ft- but I could be remembering incorrectly, might be 16ft. A bit pricey but they had a three year warranty, and it's pretty cool to have solar lights for the coop!

10. plc

plc Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    The pics are not great, but you get the idea [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Chicken run & coop

[​IMG]
    Bunny run & shed

Our neighbors probably do think we are nuts, but too bad [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by