Show us your favorite girl/s or boy/s....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by dwegg, Dec 1, 2009.

1. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Just finished reading sad stories and needed something to brighten my day...post a pic of your favorite chcikens (for whatever reason) on here and show them off.

Here is Mrs. feathers (RIR) My favorite because she is the friendliest and loves holding onto the bucket while I feed the others.
    [​IMG]

Sally (Blue Orpington) Young and sweet....
    [​IMG]

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Favorite because she's one of my prettiest, not to mention the first chick I ever hatched...(and the inspiration for my farm name, her name is Clover)...

[​IMG]

My favorite big girl, because she's boss hen, but she's sneaky about it!...

[​IMG]

And my son's favorite 4H bird, she's a VERY PQ lavender silkie, but she's a sweetie, and will let him do anything with her!..

[​IMG]

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Every time I go to take pictures, my DH reminds me "Oh, you've already got a thousand pictures of Dixie!" I can't help if she's so friendly and sassy and snuggly!! I love my little barred rock the best (but don't tell the other girls...shhhhh!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW dwegg...LOVE Sally! I'm partial to the blues...
    Cloverleaf...I think my EE is going to end up looking really similar to your boss hen!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  4. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Teach1rus...the EE girl in the front of your last pic is exactly the same as my EE (Henny Penny) see my profile pics.

Love your pics keep 'em coming...

5. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    Here is one of two of my favorite roosters. He takes food from your hand so softly when being held or he comes to me for food unlike another rooster I have. He is the only rooster that will fall asleep in your arms.

Pepper, BCM
    [​IMG]

One of my favorite hens is Faithful. Every time you hold her, she falls asleep in your arms. She also loves to talk and pair up with another hen (a different one each day [​IMG] ) to explore the front yard away from the rest of the flock. (I like to color her with rainbow colors [​IMG] ) She is a White Plymouth Rock.
    [​IMG]

Here is another favorite, Cumin. She gets scared of things so easily and then she starts sqawking and wheezing, so I catch her and calm her down. She is a Buff Minorca.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by