Show us your tattoo & what it means..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HennysMom, Dec 19, 2008.

1. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

Ok, so I got to thinking about art - and tattoos - and how many people have them, the meaning behind them, etc.

I didnt get one until August 29 2008 - the day before my dad passed away. We had planned it together Daddy and I - 2 weeks before he passed away (it was supposed to be just a willow tree (his and my favorite) with a little girl sitting at the base of it, and Dad's initials carved into the tree, however...it turned out a little bit differently [​IMG]. The banner was added in his honor and wrapped around the tree in old parchment paper scrolled. He never got to see it, but I know he would have loved it (and he see's it anyway up there in Heaven [​IMG] ).

So - thats the story of my first, only and last tattoo ever. It sits on the inside of my ankle / leg area - and on my property I have twin weeping willows - they sit side by side. I often go there to sit on the bench that sits between them and wander down memory lane..so many wonderful thoughts of Dad and I.

[​IMG]

What's your story and tattoo of?

2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Very nice, HennysMom.

[​IMG]

Jesters mask, split with happy and sad. It has a stone wall behind it.
    This is my husbands and it represents the way he has always delt with hardships or sadness. He acts the fool and trys to put on a happy face while making light of whatever. It could not have turned out any better I don't think. A dear friend of ours did the piece and she is a phenominal artist. I just love it.

3. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Here's mine. It's pretty self-explanatory.

[​IMG]

Please pardon the Purple Chicken-like arm hair. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I don't have a pic of mine. I'll have to get my SO to take one, since it's on my shoulder and I can't turn my head that far. [​IMG]

It's a peace sign with a red rose running thru it.

Basically my ex husband, a control freak, forbid me to get one. He also forbid me to cut my hair, which was down to my knees.

I got the tatt the same day I cut my hair to my shoulders. I got rid of the husband the same week. [​IMG]

My next tatt will be the same as my avatar.

5. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

cool! I love seeing everyone else's and the stories with them!

Know what you mean about getting a picture - do ya know how hard it is to take pic of your leg? LOL I tried with my reg cam..didnt work too well [​IMG] stupid camera phone had to do...cant really see the colors and details too good with it - but eh - you get the idea.

Keep em' comin!

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Awww I love that Henny!

I don't have any yet, but once we're done having children, I would like to get one. This one, actually. It's a Celtic Love Knot. There's no beginning or end, so it represents never ending love. I'd like my children's names surrounding the border.

[​IMG]

(hopefully, mine will look better than this awful job, it's the only photo I could find online) [​IMG]

7. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    [​IMG]

No real meaning, other than I love chooks.

8. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

Here's mine. It's a black capped chickadee on a white pine cone and tassel, the state bird, tree, and flower of Maine. My home state. It's also symbolic of my mom. The cancer ribbon is for the two forms of lymphoma that took her from us. The chickadee is small, seemingly delicate, but hardy like my mom. the pinecone starts tight and stone like, but like a mother's heart opens and spills it's richness into those she loves. The pine tree symbolism her ability to be strong, yet bend. Lending herself to the many stages of building my life.

ack, need a better pic

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  9. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    cool! If I ever get my PhD in herpetology I will get a snake curled to look like a heart with I Corinthians 13:13 in the center...

10. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    This is mine. my first, it is the logo my hubby came up with for our website and also represents us, our last name is Lockhart and we have been in love since High School, so LockedHearts is a no brainer.

[​IMG]

I plan on a second one to represent the memory of my son, I have not decided on a deign yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by