Show your Cornsnakes!!!

PioneerPrincess

Songster
10 Years
Sep 16, 2009
TX
I'll start. Cornsnakes are one of my favorite snakes. In July and September, three clutches of snakes hatched. Also, here are my adults. Oh, and yes, all but a few of the baby snakes were named.
big_smile.png
Thanks for posting!!

41347_ss850347.jpg

41347_sept_9-pets_livstock_67.jpg

The adults starting from top going clockwise: Copper (M), Adrian (F), Missy (F), and Rocky Road (M)
41347_sept_9-pets_livstock_71.jpg

Thank you. Rocky, our adventurest, was trying to find a way out of his cage and got stuck to duct tape. After searching on the internet, I finally used oil to get it off. Now their cage is completely escape proof! Oval, Rocky's son, was also an adventurest. He got out of his cage through a hole and one of the cats caught and killed him.
sad.png
Oval was one of my favorites. He is the one (in the second pic) just above the orange one in the middle with the oval-like marking on his head. He has his head laying flat.

I found a small snake that had been bitten in the head, dead in my garden. I guess it was a cat. Anything else would have eaten it. It is sad. I need things to eat the insects and the gophers, moles, and whatever else is leaving me with nothing.
I think it was a baby pine snake. They are getting endangered around here because everyone thinks they are rattle snakes. humph. ...and humph to that cat.
I hope the rest of yours continue to stay safe, healthy, and located in the central area of their tank.

Well, he was more of a free citizen so I won't claim him as MY cornsnake, but I did find him in my kitchen a few months ago.

3825079986_660e545354.jpg

The photo didn't do his pattern justice as he had one of the prettiest patterns I'd ever seen on a corn snake. Must have just shed his old skin.

.....Alan.

Your snakes are very pretty theOEGBman!!
The breeder I bought Adrian from said that her dad was a wild corn. Only one of the baby corns that hatched was her exact color and he died of something. Actually, at least four of my baby corns have died of the same thing. They all had limp lower bodies and couldn't really curl their tails to hold on tight. Silver and another baby with the same problem only died just this week.
sad.png
Does anyone know what this might be?
From what I've found out from breeding Copper, I think he carries bad genetic traits as many of my baby corns have died. One of the babies hatched with a crooked tail, one had a small looking lump on its upper body, and another had something wrong with its nervous system I think, as it kept leaning to its side and turning upside down. I don't think I'll be breeding him any more because its so hard to lose so many snakes and just let them suffer. Thankfully the other baby corns of his are super healthy and I think they carry the bad trait like Copper so whoever I sell them to won't be able to breed them, just keep them as a pet.

Back
Top Bottom