Show your Cornsnakes!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by PioneerPrincess, Dec 2, 2009.

1. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    I'll start. Cornsnakes are one of my favorite snakes. In July and September, three clutches of snakes hatched. Also, here are my adults. Oh, and yes, all but a few of the baby snakes were named. [​IMG] Thanks for posting!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The adults starting from top going clockwise: Copper (M), Adrian (F), Missy (F), and Rocky Road (M)
    [​IMG]

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    They are very pretty. I had one in college that we named Mazola. ... that's what we used to remove her from some tape.

3. PioneerPrincess

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    Thank you. Rocky, our adventurest, was trying to find a way out of his cage and got stuck to duct tape. After searching on the internet, I finally used oil to get it off. Now their cage is completely escape proof! Oval, Rocky's son, was also an adventurest. He got out of his cage through a hole and one of the cats caught and killed him. [​IMG] Oval was one of my favorites. He is the one (in the second pic) just above the orange one in the middle with the oval-like marking on his head. He has his head laying flat.

4. yoker

yoker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    cool pictures
    I like snakes but I don't have any.

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I found a small snake that had been bitten in the head, dead in my garden. I guess it was a cat. Anything else would have eaten it. It is sad. I need things to eat the insects and the gophers, moles, and whatever else is leaving me with nothing.
    I think it was a baby pine snake. They are getting endangered around here because everyone thinks they are rattle snakes. humph. ...and humph to that cat.
    I hope the rest of yours continue to stay safe, healthy, and located in the central area of their tank.

6. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
  7. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Well, he was more of a free citizen so I won't claim him as MY cornsnake, but I did find him in my kitchen a few months ago.

[​IMG]

The photo didn't do his pattern justice as he had one of the prettiest patterns I'd ever seen on a corn snake. Must have just shed his old skin.

.....Alan.

8. yoker

yoker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    very pretty snakes theOEGBman

9. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Thank you! : )

10. PioneerPrincess

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    Your snakes are very pretty theOEGBman!!
    The breeder I bought Adrian from said that her dad was a wild corn. Only one of the baby corns that hatched was her exact color and he died of something. Actually, at least four of my baby corns have died of the same thing. They all had limp lower bodies and couldn't really curl their tails to hold on tight. Silver and another baby with the same problem only died just this week. [​IMG] Does anyone know what this might be?
    From what I've found out from breeding Copper, I think he carries bad genetic traits as many of my baby corns have died. One of the babies hatched with a crooked tail, one had a small looking lump on its upper body, and another had something wrong with its nervous system I think, as it kept leaning to its side and turning upside down. I don't think I'll be breeding him any more because its so hard to lose so many snakes and just let them suffer. Thankfully the other baby corns of his are super healthy and I think they carry the bad trait like Copper so whoever I sell them to won't be able to breed them, just keep them as a pet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by