Show your Indian runners

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PearlTheDuck, Dec 3, 2016.

1. PearlTheDuck

PearlTheDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2016
    Texas
    I want some soo bad, and I'd like to see some of yours, so show your runners :)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  2. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    When we very first started with ducks we had 4 Indian Runner ducks,and 4 Muscovies. When raised "Correctly" they are nice,but honestly I could not help but chase them and play with them.The drakes both split the hens with no fighting (Of course they were still young).But, one of the grey ones died from some sort of leg problem (Thinking Niacin deficiency.)And the brown hen got shot on accident.

The girls made great egg layers.They lay greenish/blue eggs.Pretty broody but our's never hatched because never would hatch in the nest boxes.The drake was good to us,but did chase me,soon he got killed by a snapping turtle.His mate (She was I think a a fawn white or something),but she is the only one we had live up to about 5 or 6 years (She literally just got killed about 2 or 3 days ago.)She was pushy,she was the lead duck (Besides the drake).She would never ever let our little Ancona duck mate the other girls (No idea why,she mated with just about any drake she ran into).She never lost a fight (Here mate daffy was too very tough and some what aggressive.).H

Great ducks.This girl kept her spot for along time,sad she died.

[​IMG]She is the brown one in the middle of the white ducks.

3. PearlTheDuck

PearlTheDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2016
    Texas
    Aw, thank you for sharing So sorry for your loss :( I can't even think about losing my duck, and she's only 7 months old but it feels like she's been here forever. best wishes to you [​IMG] they're beautiful ducks

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by