Show your Mudd Holes!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LilMissChz, May 31, 2012.

1. LilMissChz

LilMissChz Songster

Feb 16, 2012
    North East, Maryland
    Okay, I know some of you out there are experiencing the shock and horror of discovering truly how messy a duck can be. I stopped a major mud hole before it became cataclysmic. I know there are mud holes out there worse than anything I've ever seen. I'd like to see them now. I'm prepared and I'm ready for whatever you will throw at me. Don't be ashamed of your mud hole. You didn't build it. Flaunt it!! Celebrate it!!! Show it off!!!!

2. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Songster

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    LOL, what a great idea for a thread. I bet there are some glorious mud holes out there....

My ducks made a fairly decent quality mud hole this morning when I tipped out their pool.... Should have taken a photo!!!! There's nothing happier than a duck in mud!

3. pastrymama

pastrymama Songster

Apr 30, 2010
    Phoenix
    omg, i thought it was just my silly scovy ducks that liked to play in the mud like my kids! lol good golly miss molly, what happens when my holderreads order arrives next week? eek!!! [​IMG]

4. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I recently had a downpour here and was lucky enough to have left the ducks inside... a month worth of rain in a single day...but yes- they can REALLY make a mess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] WRONG PHOTO.... but Im sure given enough time the ducks would make this kind of hole.. [​IMG] ( this one is from my block of land up in the country... )

OK...here is the right photo... My Flippy enjoying the benefit or having a leaky drain on the shed roof.

[​IMG]

5. wildpeas

wildpeas Songster

Mar 18, 2012
    Port Orchard, Wa
    Hmm, there must be something wrong with my ducks. They dont make really big messes and even with the steady rain we have been having they have yet to make a mud hole. I feel like I am missing out on something. [​IMG]

6. Apyl

Apyl Songster

Feb 5, 2012
    Necedah, Wi
    lol Our driveway floods everytime it rains and the ducks LOVE it. Sadly it soaks up fast since its all sand.

[​IMG]

7. MallardDuckling

MallardDuckling Songster

Apr 29, 2012
    Montgomery County, Ohio
    It rained here last night. I'm now afraid to let my ducklings out. Although, I may get lucky, they have this new found love for the back porch and the dog water bowl instead of the muddy areas, grass and their pond.

8. Diamond88

Diamond88 Songster

Apr 25, 2012
    Chicago
    Hahaha, I totally thought you were serious with the first photo. I'm a new duck owner so I don't know what to expect yet. I was thinking, HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!? I'd be in way over my head here. [​IMG]

9. LilMissChz

LilMissChz Songster

Feb 16, 2012
    North East, Maryland
    I thought the same thing!! Too funny! [​IMG]

10. O.O That first Phot shocked Me..... O.O...I'll post my Glorious..Messy, and very dirty muddy wholes... Hehe, but they won't be goo since all the rains drying [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: