Show your outrageous, oversized, misshapen rooster combs!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Knock Kneed Hen, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    I LOVE big combs and wattles on roos. I can't seem to get enough of them! [​IMG]

Please tell us the breed(s) of bird you have & what you named him. Can't wait to see what you have!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Knock Kneed Hen

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    I should have kept this guy. He was a Marans/EE cross named Henry. Very sweet too.
    He had the most interesting comb of any of the roos I've had.
    [​IMG]

3. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Ok tomorrow morning I will snap a pic.

4. AZBootsie

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    OK here is my floppy comb Rooster. He really does have another eye under there. After following him around this morning to take his pics, I feel bad for him. Maybe someone will have a suggestion how I can fix him up. It would be nice if he could see out of both eyes. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  5. Christie Loves Silkies

Christie Loves Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

heres my boy Bee, i can't tell you how old he is cause ive forgotten, but his one of my silkies.
    [​IMG]

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Now there's a great entry!

Honestly though, as horrible as it sounds, dubbing isn't a horrible idea in that case. Course, it requires an experienced person to do it though. Aside from the freaky comb, he's a beautiful Easter Egger!

7. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    This is Romeo, my serama guy. His ego is as big as his comb!

[​IMG]

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I love funky rooster combs! Especially those misshapen button/rosecombs! I can't wait to see more!

9. Knock Kneed Hen

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Quote:I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in this!! I'm on a hunt now to find my own beautiful knobby headed sweet roo.

@ AZBootzie, How about a hair clip? [​IMG] If it was a hen you'd have to name her Veronica Lake.
    On a more serious note though, does it flop from side to side or is it stuck in that position? I'd think it
    would eventually cause problems rubbing on his eye.

10. AZBootsie

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Quote:I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in this!! I'm on a hunt now to find my own beautiful knobby headed sweet roo.

@ AZBootzie, How about a hair clip? [​IMG] If it was a hen you'd have to name her Veronica Lake.
    On a more serious note though, does it flop from side to side or is it stuck in that position? I'd think it
    would eventually cause problems rubbing on his eye.

The comb is loose. I can lift it to the other side but it doesn't stay long. It used to be crooked, floppy and cute. But it's growing and becoming a handicap I think. He is 27 weeks old, wonder how much bigger it could get?? Guess I will just watch him. Trimming a comb sounds ugly and painful. Dubbing?? is that what it is called.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by