Showed my turkeys :-)

Small Red

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 9, 2010
A little brag warning is probably in place
cool.png

OK I have Bronz turkeys. Turkeys are not that common in Sweden and beside the commercial hybrids there is mostly Bronze and Royal Palms.

It is very rare to see a Turkey in a Swedish poultry shows so I thought i would give it a try and took three of my birds to a local show. The judges were from Denmark and I knew they do some judging in Germany were Turkeys is a bit more common on poultry shows.

Well one of my toms started to moult just days before the show
hmm.png
but I decided to bring him anyway. In Sweden the animals are judges after a scale of points. Maximum is 100points. 90points or more are very good and animals are considered of breed typical and good quality. These animals have the right to compete of prizes at the show.

I have once seen a bird get 97point at a Swedish show, a few times I have seen 96 points but even that is rare, just so you get an idea of the system.

Anyway...

My moulting tom got 91points even though he lost half his tail
roll.png
He got a comment on his fether status though
wink.png

The other tom got 94 points
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

And best of all my hen! She got 95p, Prize of Honour and was top 3 at the show (there was 280 birds at the show) I'm so proud as I have breed her myself
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I don't have any nice photo of her as she isn't the photogenic type
hmm.png
This is the best photo I got
tongue.png

279.jpg

Thanks
big_smile.png
My nice hen laid her first egg yesterday
big_smile.png
I'm quite surprised as it is October and not the best weather
roll.png
But she probably thinks that a good looking girl like her needs to spread her genes
roll.png
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom