Showed up at work! questions

beegirl4

Songster
8 Years
Nov 19, 2011
Hi! My husband has a construction business and his office is in a very commercial/industrial area. The other day a beautiful hen showed up in the shop! Everyone thought it was a rooster, but I think it's a hen. I tried to post a photo, but can't. Anyway, she is very, very friendly and sweet. She follows the men around the yard and lays in the sun. I have some chicken feed that I got from a friend, but honestly, no one knows anything about chickens... I brought a huge dog crate over and had her sleep in the shop for the night because I heard that there is a fox around. We put leaves on the bottom and ran wood planks across the middle for her to climb/roost. Is she ok like that? She is so sweet, we'd like to keep her around, but I want her to be safe. She seems to like to be held and she doesn't like to be alone.... Sound silly?
smile.png
Sounds like a dog.
When I figure out how to post a photo I will! Advice would be great!

Welcom to BYC so glad you joined. this place is so great
thumbsup.gif

you will need 10 post to post a picture. I would love to see her!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
I bet she is lost. How about posting some FOUND signs. Someone might really be missing her. People really love their chickens
wee.gif
Thanks for giving her a safe place to sleep.
thumbsup.gif

I think she is lost too. Now after looking at photos, maybe she is a he..... I want you to see!
I have been checking craigslist, and no one has posted about a lost chicken.....

some people dump rooster. is sad , but its true.
if it is a rooster, there is a good chance no one wanted it.
I would still put up found posters.

frow.gif
Welcome to the forum!
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!
frow.gif

You need several posts, I think 10, to be able to post links and photos. It's a protection against scammers on this forum. Now, go greet 10 new people, then post a picture. Or maybe, in several short clear posts, tell us what the rooster looks like, then post a picture.

How to post pictures/avatar
http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=26838

welcome-byc.gif
from Twentynine Palms, CA You'll find a lot of friendly, knowledgeable folks here who love to help!!

Bless you for keeping her/him safe! I agree withe the other posters, put up some fliers. There may be someone really missing their chicken!
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom