Shower Curtain update

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by res, Mar 9, 2014.

1. res

res Chillin' With My Peeps

Late last fall, I lined my run with heavyweight shower curtain to "winterize" it. And what a winter it has been - colder, snowier, icier, windier.... Today I took the shower curtains down and am storing them for next year. They survived in perfect shape! I will definitely be doing the same thing with them next winter.

Some pics of when I installed them back on OCTOBER 23rd! They were up for 4 1/2 months!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Great info. Tested and withstood a brutal winter. :thumbsup

3. jetdog

jetdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2013
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]
    X2 on the shower curtain, everything is dry and gets nice and warm on sunny days, still 2 feet of snow so they will be up for a while still.

4. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    Very nice! I put a tarp on the northern side of my run. It got beat to heck and torn up by the insane wind but it did it's job well considering it was a lovely $2 :) Where did you purchase this shower curtain?

5. jetdog

jetdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2013
    Massachusetts
    I got a commercial grade shower curtain from Amazon, built a frame with strapping and sandwiched it between the strapping for strength, it has worked great one small rip from my daughter shoveling.

6. thomasboyle

thomasboyle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    Northwest Hills of CT
    I wrap my run with shower curtains each winter, and love it. Keeps out the snow and wind, and if it is a sunny day, it my be 25 outside, but inside the run it can be 45 or so. My waterers also freeze less during the day, even if it is 10-15 out during the day. I attach the curtains to the wood frame with 1" deck screws and 3/4" fender washers.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by