1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Showgirl babies !

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by peepsnbunnies, Jun 21, 2007.

1. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Hi All,

I am trying out learning how to post pics. This is my first try. This pic is of one of the beautiful showgirl babies that I hatched recently in the bator. These are some really awesome babies! Hope it comes thru!
    [​IMG]:bun

[​IMG]

Looks like it came through o.k., so now I am going to add a couple more pics of my showgirl mom Phyllis and the babies she hatched out on Tuesday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  2. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    OH how CUTE!!!
    I'd love to have a little showgirl!

3. ChrystalGail

ChrystalGail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
    OMG!! I've never seen anything like them in my life. They have a face (and body) only a mother could love! Enjoy your new babies!

Chrystal in AZ

4. ChloesChicky

ChloesChicky Out Of The Brooder

I love them!!

[​IMG]

What are they?

[​IMG]

5. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    [​IMG] Way to go! I've hatched some of mine this year too! Its so cool, because you never know what you're gonna get! I even hatched a partridge!

Showgirls are a cross of Naked necks and silkies.

6. feathersnmore

feathersnmore Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2007
    They look just precious, i hope you post pics so we can watch them grow [​IMG]

7. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    I have heard about them. Do you breed showgirl to showgirl or do you have to breed turken to a silkie?

8. peepsnbunnies

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Good Morning!
    I just love these little cuties!! I slipped a couple of eggs under my broody splash silkie hen and she hatched two of them for me several weeks ago, then I have hatched 14 out in the incubator, now Phyllis (Diller), one of my lovely showgirl hens, hatched out 5 adorable babies for me on Tuesday! I am so excited about these babies, they are adorable. So far I am breeding showgirl to showgirl. But, I do intend to try breeding some of my silkies to showgirl in the future. Some of these sweeties will be for sale at some point, I have never tried shipping, I am not sure how to go about doing it or what is required, but it is very very hot here and I would be afraid to try it right now. Glad you like my babies ! I will try to post more pics, I have taken a lot of them.[​IMG]

9. thechickenwhisperer

thechickenwhisperer Out Of The Brooder

Those babies are only FOUR days old?!!
    They look like they are a few weeks old. Is that a bantam breed or standard?
    [​IMG]

10. peepsnbunnies

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    The first pic is of a baby that is maybe a week or so old, it had not started growing it's wing feathers yet. I did not date the pic, probly should have, the pic of the hen and chicks was taken yesterday (Thurs), the chicks were hatched on Tuesday and the head shot pic is of the mother Phyllis.[​IMG]

As far as I know silkies only come in one size, they are kinda of between a bantam and standard size.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by