Showgirl - colors?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by klf73, Aug 9, 2008.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I am looking for black/blue/splash showgirl eggs. Why can I only find them in white???? I only found one breeder on BYC that has them but she doesn't have them available right now. I promised to shut my bator off in September(after last hatch set in August) so I only have a couple of weeks to find them. Is it not a common color for showgirls?
    Krista

2. burntumber

burntumber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    I have blue/black, white, and partridge fertile eggs- nearly perfect fertility %. Let me know if you're interested. Keep in mind that to get blue, there's generally a black/blue parent and a white parent. It looks like I have some blue/partridge splash chicks that have hatched recently. ?? Odd color. They're pretty, though. I'm in Maine, btw. I can ship for cost + $3 handling. $8/doz. Or $12/doz and I'll replace any eggs that don't hatch for free (u pay shipping). I've had a great hatch rate on my shipped eggs. No complaints and not a single broken egg.

I think you see a lot of white Showgirls b/c they have that "wow" factor, with the contrast between the blue skin and white feathers. I personally LOVE blue Showgirls- that's my breeding focus. I'm selling out my partridge colors currently.

I'm showing right now, so my egg availability is down a bit. I get a dozen or so eggs every two days at this point.

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Where in Maine are you? I am near Portland, ME [​IMG]
    Krista

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    "I have some blue/partridge splash chicks that have hatched recently. ?? Odd color"

I would love to see pics of those!

Krista

5. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    klf, so sorry my girls r not laying again yet. i'll keep ya posted. i'm gonna try somethings to see if it gets them moveing again, i'll let u know if it works.
    mar

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by