Showgirl eggs- 10 for $10- FOR MONDAY*** SOLD SOLD SOLD ***

burntumber

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
Post your zip for shipping, or use USPS.com to figure it. Will ship from 04911. 2 lb. Priority.

Chicks will be mostly blue (light to dark), white, black with maybe a buff (I have one very nice, clear buff hen) and maybe a blue partridge. (Seems I have a white silkie with recessive partrdige genes.)

My flock is geared for producing blue, so expect blues. You might get a Silkie or two, but the majority of hatchlings have been heterozygous SG.

NPIP tested flock. Number upon request.

I also have a few blue SG cockerels for sale. I can put pics up if there's interest.

One time hatch guarantee. If you're not happy with the hatch, I'll replace for free within 30 days of hatch (weather permitting), you pay shipping.

Paypal payment to [email protected]

Last edited:
Got it! Thanks Joni! I'll ship tomorrow morning, Priority 2-3 day.
cool.png

Happy hatching!

Curious, how do you get a lot of blues?

We seem to have gotten a lot of partridge and a couple of blues from our last hatch (from our eggs).

I have two white homozygous Showgirl roos with blue heterozygous Showgirl and Silkie hens. I also had (just lost last week) a lovely blue Silkie with three heterozygous Showgirl hens.

If you have too many blues crossing with blues, they'll often revert genetically back to white and black. You need to keep whites with your blues and blacks to keep hatching out blues. I rarely get whites. Maybe 1 out of 10 chicks is white. I get blacks sometimes- probably 3/10 times, I guess. I get light blues less frequently than medium-dark.

I recently discovered that some whites have recessive partridge genes that will produce the odd partridge now and again.

Halo
Im assuming when you say white you are really meaning splash?

I'd also hope so.
I've never had my blue/black/ splash pen throw any partridges.
Please explain.
TB

Back
Top Bottom