Showgirl Hatching Eggs Wanted?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Enchanted Sunrise Farms, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Does anyone have Showgirl hatching eggs?

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

not hatching.but my showgirl is laying.daily.......... [​IMG]

3. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Is she married to a nice showgirl dude? [​IMG]

i have this adorable silkie who has gone way broody on me, trying to hatch sawdust. We are in the middle of getting our house ready to put on the market, then moving 400 miles away, after hopefully finding a nice plot of land with room for all our chickens (and maybe a goat or two). Now is probably not the best time to be letting one of my hens hatch anything - but, she is so cute and broody. i really want to make her happy. . . and, i think we need more chickens. [​IMG]

4. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Well, i did it. i found some white showgirl and silkie hatching eggs on eggbid and threw my hat into the ring. Will know tomorrow when the auction closes if my little Dusty will get her heart's desire and be able to hatch her very own brood.

5. okiechick57

OH good for you........no mine is married to a Hamburg? some girls are just rebellious [​IMG]

6. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Well, girls will be girls.

My little broody is sweet as can be normally. But now, whenever she comes off her nest of sawdust, she beats up all the other hens and screeches her head off. So i think it will be a relief for her to be busy with some eggs.

Wish me luck on the auction!

7. okiechick57

[​IMG] haha.....I have 1 insane banty........she loves on me one minute , the attacks me the other...........go figure....I wish you the best in your showgirl hunt !

8. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Well, i had no intention of adding any more chicks this year. But little Dusty is so cute and intent on hatching something. i love to poke her when she's up in the coop and watch her poof out and go "bdrrrrrrrrrrr". i've tried to break her from the broodiness, but no luck so far. If i win this auction tomorrow, she will be very very happy!

9. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Prancingpony has some for sale on EZBYC if the auction doesn't fair well. I don't remember the prices, but you could go there and check them out as well. Good luck.

Jody

10. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Well, i won the auction, so should have some eggs here next week. i've never had a chicken hatch eggs before. i did all my hatching this past summer in incubators. This should be interesting. Dusty is out there trying to hatch dust, so this will give her something to do with herself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by