Showgirl Questions? (Pics Added)

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
I bought 3 pullets today 2 of them are normal feathered fizzles and one a silkie feathered showgirl. The normal feathered frizzles have the black skin and 5 toes all the normals of a silkie but have normal feathering. Now If I breed these with a normal silkie feathered silkie will the offspring be silkie feathered or normal or will I get both?

Last edited:
You could get anything.. i have even heard of silkied frizzles! So it could be: normal, normal/silkie, silkie, silkie/frizzle, normal/frizzle, frizzle, silkie frizzle...etc... you could get anything! Can you post picture? I would love to see them

These are now mine but these pictures were taken by the previous owner. I have not had the chance to take new pictures of them yet but this is them.

I love the names he had already named them so I will be leaving them the same name...
big_smile.png

Aretha
13823_aretha.jpg

Ella
13823_ella.jpg

Misha
13823_misha.jpg

It depends on whether they have a copy of the silkie gene or not. If they do, half their offspring will be silkie feathered when mated with a silkie feathered bird. If they do not, all the offspring will have a copy of the silkie gene, but none will display the characteristic.

Back
Top Bottom