Showgirl/Silkies- blue, black,bs, white- 6+ eggs- $20 (inc. ship'ng)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by trueblueshowgirl, May 5, 2009.

1. trueblueshowgirl

trueblueshowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    maine
    All,
    I have a modest sized flock of white and blue Silkies and Showgirls, many of show awarding quality. Recent pics below. Please note that everyone has tons of pin feathers and are looking pretty scrappy from a long New England winter. Topknots and foot feathering are about 1/2 of what they are compared to peak plumage. I've been selling eg gs for a couple of years, now. You can be sure they'll be handled with great care, packaged according to the guidelines on Eg gbid, and no older than 48 hours upon shipping.

NOTE: My chickens went broody when I had to go away for a week, so their production is way down at this time. Shipment may have as many as 8 eggs. I can include eggs older than 48 hours upon request.

IShipping only ship on Mondays and Wednesdays- so that's two clutches/week.

$20 including Priority shipping and packing. Post SOLD and I'll PM you.

I have four pens and will mark the eggs in pencil accordingly- please specify if you do not want them to be marked:

1) One white heterozygous roo (proven breeder) with several white and blue Showgirl hens. One awarded BV at the Maine State Fair '08. Guaranteed fertility.

2) One homozygous white roo (proven breeder) with two gorgeous blue Silkie hens. One of the blue hens awarded BB at the Maine State Fair '08. Guaranteed fertility.

3) Really amazing 9 month old blue Silkie splash cockerel from a well respected New York Silkie breeder with a few white and blue showgirl hens. Not sure how well he's covering them, yet. *** Can ~NOT~ guarantee fertility on this pen. ***

4.) Sizzle roo w/showgirls and Silkies. This pen consists of pullets- two are now laying, not sure which two. It includes one lovely blue Sizzle (Silkie X Frizzle) roo with four showgirl pullets - partridge, blue, red (Silkie), and white.

None of my chickens are line/interbreeding. I'm very careful to cull and add new blood every year.

So... what will you hatch??? Likely you'll get Silkies, probably get Showgirls. Colors will range from white to dark blue and in between- possibly some will revert to black. If the fates allow, maybe blue splash Silkie or Showgirls. The pen with the Sizzle roo- any color, Sizzles and Silkies and Sizzled Showgirls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Most recently hatching. BS SG

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    I just hatched out 4 and they are soo darn cute.Shipping packing were excellent.My show girl from last fall is beautiful a little roo.This hatch I have 3showgirls and 1 silkie looks like lite blue at this time.1balck showgirl this hatch who is very cute,a 2 lite brown showgirl.

3. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    SOLD!

4. trueblueshowgirl

Mar 31, 2009
    maine
    PM sent, Insiderart.

Next clutch for Monday is still available. Takers?

I'd love to see pics sometime if you take any, Kelly. [​IMG] Glad you had a good hatch.

5. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:Showgirl of your dreams?! LOL

You're addicted! (Though I can't lie.... I wish my girls would go broody again, I would love these.)

6. drmeyes236

drmeyes236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    ohio
    I will take the next if available!

7. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas

You're addicted! (Though I can't lie.... I wish my girls would go broody again, I would love these.)

I know! I know! But this will make my second set. So if I get at least one from each batch they will be able to breed without me worrying I am inbreeding.... that's what I am telling myself. Yeah.... that's right. That's what is going on...

8. trueblueshowgirl

Mar 31, 2009
    maine

I know! I know! But this will make my second set. So if I get at least one from each batch they will be able to breed without me worrying I am inbreeding.... that's what I am telling myself. Yeah.... that's right. That's what is going on...

LoL! This is how I got into Showgirls. I used to raise "normal" chickens- Light Brahmas- but OMG was I smitten the first time I saw a pic of a Showgirls and have put some ridiculous amount of money and effort into this addiction ever since! [​IMG]

9. drmeyes236

drmeyes236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    ohio
    paypal sent!!

10. jhart101

jhart101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Clayton, NC
    trueblueshowgirl ...any still avail?
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by