Showgirl Silkies!

MaransGuy

Songster
12 Years
Oct 25, 2007
Greenfield, MA
My showgirl silkies have decided to start laying now that the snow is flying! I just did a test hatch to check fertility and got a 100% hatch. These eggs produce chicks that include silkies, bowtie and fully bare-neck little fluffs! Here is one of my newest "fertility tests"...

Showgirl1.jpg

I raise these guys for fun so although they are very good quality, the colors are not seperated. The rooster is white and my three hens are buff, and two partridge, one with a domed skull. The most recent hatch contained two white, two partridge and two champagne-peach colored chicks. I have not seen that color before and am anxious to see what they mature to. It is not really a buff color and one even has pale charcoal chipmunk stripes!

The color of this photo is too yellow from the heat lamp but shows some of the variety.
Silkies.jpg

6 eggs, plus extras, including shipping are $25

Showgirl2.jpg

If you would like to purchase any of these eggs or have any questions please E-MAIL me. My PM's fill up far too quickly and it is too difficult to keep track of them. Thanks!
big_smile.png

Too bad I don't have a incubator...even if I did Id prob mess up hatching them or something and woulda waisted money on eggs I was unable to hatch.

Showgirls are an "aquired" taste...........and I've got it! ADORABLE!
They are sweet as can be and such a novelty. Mine are doing well @ 2 months old and living outside happily Gotta love em!
lol.png

The only time I find them cute is when they are chicks, like the pictures he sent in.......then they just get UGLY LOL
hide.gif
:

Ok, my friend has showgirls and loves this breed. Hers hatch out Silkies and Showgirls. Do you find the same thing when you hatch?
AND....explain the bow tie thing. Is that a waddle?

How much will these eggs sell for? The first little bird looks like it still has the egg tooth. Very cute, I like that one.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I'm with ya on that one.
wink.png
They almost look like they have a bit of peach fuzz on the neck when they are babes. I just can't get over that naked neck. It looks like they've been in a horrible fight, imho
hmm.png

~4kidZ
Richard...got the bcm eggs today. SOOOOOOO awesome. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom