Showgirls- 15+ eggs - to ship TUESDAY- tomorrow! $15

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by burntumber, Sep 8, 2008.

1. burntumber

burntumber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    I don't know why, but my girls have vamped up their laying despite moulting season! Laying up to 8 per day, now! Guess they're happy girls.

At any rate, I can make a shipment tomorrow if anyone's interested. Expect white, blue, black, and buff chicks. I've been getting mostly heterozygous Showgirls with a scattering of blue Silkies once in a while in my hatches. This is congruent with what buyers have reported in their hatches.

About my flock... I have F9- F11 Showgirl layers and roos. Two WHITE HOMOZYGOUS Showgirl roos with several white heterozygous Showgirl hens, a few very nice blue Silkies (one won Best in Breed at the state fair) to improve topknots, and some buff Silkies that have just started laying. I have a seperate flock with a lovely Blue Silkie roo and three heterozygous white showgirl hens.

My goal is for small, round, short-backed Showgirls with nice faces, topknots, and foot feather. All of my birds have nice five-toed feet.

I'm a very careful packer- haven't had a report of a single broken egg, yet! [​IMG] I'll charge exact shipping + $2 handling/packing. (Expect it to cost between $8-$12.) Most egg sellers don't guarantee hatch rates. But I'll be happy to replace unhatched eggs for free once, no questions asked, you pay shipping. [​IMG]

First come first serve.

[​IMG]

2. tororider

tororider Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southeast MI
    Let me know on shipping, zip is 48240, I would be interested depending on shipping, thanks.

3. burntumber

Mar 26, 2008
    Tororider- Looks like Priority shipping would be about $6.80. [​IMG]

4. ejones1961

ejones1961 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2008
    West TN
    What does F9-F11 mean?

5. tororider

tororider Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southeast MI
    Sold

6. SoleProvider

SoleProvider Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2008
    Are you going to have anymore?[​IMG]

7. burntumber

Mar 26, 2008
    F9 = 9th generation. In other words, it's been nine generations since the original Silkie X Turken parents. The higher the generation number, generally the higher quality the Showgirl and the more Silkie traits show through like dark skin, rose comb instead of single, heavy foot feather, wing feather shredding, etc... Basically, the goal is a high quality naked neck Silkie with no trace of turken.

8. burntumber

Mar 26, 2008
    Quote:Yup, I will. I'm shipping on Mondays and Tuesdays. So the next available shipment will be next week, Tuesday. (I have someone tentatively slated for Monday's shipment.) Drop me a PM if you'd like to sign up for Tuesday's. [​IMG]

9. ejones1961

ejones1961 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2008
    West TN
    Quote:Thanks I was curious

10. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Oh, man, you would test my ability to say no like this. I totally don't have enough coop room for more chickens this winter, and I haven't finished building coop #2 yet, so starting #3 before spring is sooo out of the question... Oh, but if I had adult birds in the spring, think of the hatches I could have. *sigh* I better get out of here before DH decides to move me into the coop with the chickens. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by