Showgirls and Silkies... Color and gender?? PIC HEAVY!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ma2babygurl13, Nov 5, 2009.

1. ma2babygurl13

ma2babygurl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Fairborn OH
    Ok these guys are still a bit too young to really tell...but I have my thoughts on who is what, but what do ya'll think???
    First up the 2 Silkies.... They were hatched looking like blues, but this one has started getting "gold" in its neck... if it were a blue partridge would it have the coloration of a male or female? I'm thinking a Blue Partridge Hen
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think this blue is? (I'm thinking Blue roo)
    [​IMG]

Next up the Showgirls!

First the "odd ball" White (so far I'm thinking hen)
    [​IMG]

Now for the "look alikes" they were all just banded today so I could try to tell them apart [​IMG]

These next 3 I think are all partridge...

Pink (I'm thinking hen)
    [​IMG]

Purple (I'm thinking hen)
    [​IMG]

Brown (I'm not sure)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now for the "blacks" 2 of them looked like partridge when they were born, and 2 were black but now I cannot really tell who was who...

Red (I think hen)
    [​IMG]

White (I kinda think hen)
    [​IMG]

Orange (I think maybe roo)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brown (I think roo)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am pretty sure Orange and Brown were my 2 "partridge" as babies... but not certain...
    let me know what you think!

2. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Looks like blues, whites, blacks and partridge. Better pictures would help, there is a lot of bluing to those pics.

3. ma2babygurl13

Jun 18, 2009
    Fairborn OH
    yes, the pictures are pretty bad, my DS broke my digital camera, so I tried to use my cell to take the pics... not sure why the color is sooo bad though... I'm pretty sure on the colors... and yes blue (1 poss blue partridge) 1 white, 3 partridge and 4 blacks...but I believe 2 of the black are actually partridge...

4. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    I believe they are still too young to try and guess. You could try and look for wattles starting to form, they would be only on the cockerels at this point but then it would still be a guess.

5. ma2babygurl13

Jun 18, 2009
    Fairborn OH
    the only reason I am trying to guess at this point is 1) I have noticed some differences in their crests.. and 2) I am having a lot of "bickering" going on in the brooder, and I'm guessing it is probably the boys fighting. I'm just guessing by the crests, but there are already some that appear to be round and some that appear to be swishing back and some I just cannot tell... [​IMG] Its always fun trying to guess early

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by