1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Showgirls, please educate me

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ScoobyRoo, Feb 25, 2009.

1. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I've been on this forum for several months now and I see the word 'showgirls' often. Are they a certain breed, parentage or what? Please tell me. I have know clue what they are.[​IMG]
    Thanks

2. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Being I am a first time owner of a beautiful Showgirl (Zsa Zsa), let me share her glamour shot:

[​IMG]

She is part silkie and part Turken (Naked Neck). To get more Showgirls, I would breed her back to a silkie.

3. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    showgirls were origionally a cross between a turken and a silkie. they r breed many generations back to showgirl or silkie to bring them to a silkie only carrying a naked neck gene. usually the higher the generations the better quality they r if bred right. they r a newer breed but not real new. if far enough advanced in generations they will breed true however u can hatch silkie and showgirl from the eggs. check out my website i have many pics in several colors. [​IMG]

4. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Thank you for showing a pic dixiechick. They do look like the Vegas showgirls with the feathers on top of their heads.

Silkiechick, thanks for the info now I know what a showgirls look like and where they come from, not Vegas [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by