1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Showgirls

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by rjv_piper, Dec 30, 2007.

1. rjv_piper

rjv_piper Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    Hi, I'd like to raise showgirl chickens. I know, I must be crazy:eek: This all depends on if my mom likes the idea. She just doesn't understand us chicken fanatics:p If anyone has any input or advice for me I would greatly appritiate it.

Thanks,
    rjv_piper

2. TB1

TB1 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2007
    Pa
    I have SG's. I like them. you kinda get the best of both worlds.
    Mine are "cold hardy", good layers and great moms as well Plus their funky looking birds lol [​IMG]!
    Teri/TB/PP
    www.stoneyacres.net

3. rjv_piper

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    Ya, I live in Utah, would they be good in this cold? And what do you think would be the cheapest way to get them? I'm glad they are good moms, I don't use incubators, I let the hens do all the work.
    Thanks,
    rjv_piper

4. TB1

TB1 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2007
    Pa
    well. if you dont have a bator. Maybe purchase some peeps. do you have any local shows in your area? Can you receive shipped birds?????
    As far as cold goes..It was ZERO here this am and my guys are doing fine! [​IMG]
    Teri

5. rjv_piper

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    Ya, I belong to the Utah fancy poltry asso. and they have two shows a year, and my cosin has a bator, I think, and he would probably hatch them for me. My grandma was also talking about getting one.

I have gotten shipped birds before, from a hatchery. [​IMG] I was happy with them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by